Parkrun Thread

Silky park run for me. Ran relatively hard for 2.75 miles and jogged up the bank. Done a tempo on the track after so wanted to save my legs. My park run finish time is different to my watch time.

26th at Silksworth this morning, 22:49.

If I can get sub 22 then it'll get me around the top 20 mark on quieter days. Does anyone have a strategy for Silksworth? Like do you run the first mile fastest, save for the up hill, steady the whole way? I usually keep my pace on the first bit of the hill and flat & have enough to sprint finish the last bit of the hill, very rarely get taken over on the hill but I wonder if that means I've went too slow beforehand

Love park run... And get paid for it... Clock on for overtime sat morning at 04 30.. Graft tol 08 30 then do either pompey lakeside or havant or Fareham or southsea.. Go back 10. Ish.. Work til 12 00. Love my job...

26th at Silksworth this morning, 22:49.

If I can get sub 22 then it'll get me around the top 20 mark on quieter days. Does anyone have a strategy for Silksworth? Like do you run the first mile fastest, save for the up hill, steady the whole way? I usually keep my pace on the first bit of the hill and flat & have enough to sprint finish the last bit of the hill, very rarely get taken over on the hill but I wonder if that means I've went too slow beforehand
5kms are balls out from the start to the finish.

Was at Alexandra parkrun today in Manchester. All the parkrun Global team were there after there xmas party. Met PSH, Tom and Helen Williams, Chrissie Wellington, Nick Pearson - the lot!

First one of the new year at Herrington. Seemed to be wind in your face whichever way you were facing. :lol:
Anyway, it was minging, muddy and unenjoyable. Hopefully fitness returns asap. 3/10.

First one of the new year at Herrington. Seemed to be wind in your face whichever way you were facing. :lol:
Anyway, it was minging, muddy and unenjoyable. Hopefully fitness returns asap. 3/10.
Windy as owt round there this morning. My first since before Christmas
Windy as owt round there this morning. My first since before Christmas

Last edited:
Daniel, your time in position 8 today at Riverside parkrun was 18:59. Well done! Service powered by aql

Canny jog out this morning.

Back