Parkrun Thread

Mackem00

Striker
Really? Never suited me, much preferred the old route where I could attack the last hill. I also liked starting on the hill as it really warmed you up in time for the downhill stretch. I suppose everyone has different preferences.
I know what you mean like. I'm used to it now but it would be interesting to see what it would be like reverting back.

S.S.R..

Midfield
Back up North at the weekend, so might do the Whitley Bay one. Anyone tried it? Seems to be mostly flat from what I can see.

Medulla

Striker
Did the Horden one this morning, lovely views along the coast. Lass there was saying it was a relatively new one.

Charlestonian

Midfield
Did the Horden one this morning, lovely views along the coast. Lass there was saying it was a relatively new one.
Just over a year or so, struggles for numbers but if it did end up even over 100 or so parking would be a nightmare, lovely run though as you say.

Stubbs ftm

Winger
Seen last night theres a one in herra country park. Signed up last night and did my first one today. First time I've ran, apart from footy in over a year. Enjoyed it and plenty people doing it of all ages and abilities. Took me 33 mins according to my strava app. Will miss it next week as I'm at Bolton but looking forward to the week after. Surprised its took so long to get one in the park there.

Mackem00

Striker
Seen last night theres a one in herra country park. Signed up last night and did my first one today. First time I've ran, apart from footy in over a year. Enjoyed it and plenty people doing it of all ages and abilities. Took me 33 mins according to my strava app. Will miss it next week as I'm at Bolton but looking forward to the week after. Surprised its took so long to get one in the park there.
I've been there the last few weeks. Busiest I've seen it today like. 21.06 for me. Wasn't feeling it today and got a bad foot so happy with that.

marathon9

Full Back
I do havant or portsmouth lakeside depending on work...love it ... 5 k a cuppa with other runners and the rest of the day is free for whatever.. Parkruns are the best I think...

There was a new Park Run at Jesmond Dene last week, route looks to be a bit of a killer climbing up to Paddy Freeman Park.

WIll probably give it a blast next week as I live round the corner.