Parkrun Thread

Third at sunlun today. Was way ahead of fourth place so jogged up the hill.

Went gentle at Durham this morning, 25:19 but ran the last km in 4:20 just to put sone graft through my legs ready for this 10k tomorrow, quite confident a big chunk is coming off my PB.

You’re recovered from the Lakeland 100 then?

Went gentle at Durham this morning, 25:19 but ran the last km in 4:20 just to put sone graft through my legs ready for this 10k tomorrow, quite confident a big chunk is coming off my PB.

You’re recovered from the Lakeland 100 then?
Good going, I always do an easy run before a race.

Yes, surprisingly well. I done a track session on Tuesday too! 31 miles for the week. Wish I was racing tomorra, I'm confident of getting a pb. Good luck.

Good going, I always do an easy run before a race.

Yes, surprisingly well. I done a track session on Tuesday too! 31 miles for the week. Wish I was racing tomorra, I'm confident of getting a pb. Good luck.

Shows you were in very good nick before hand mate! The lads from my club that run hardmoors etc tend to ping back pretty quick into decent paced training.

Annoyingly for the second one running, felt like I needed a shite for most of the run.

Somehow beat my PB by three seconds. :eek: Didn't feel particularly knackered or owt, honestly assumed I'd done a mediocre time.

Down to a humble 26m29 seconds. :cool:

Last edited:
Nothing extreme but quite a lot of short quite sapping ones imo. Take out the begiing /end of Silky and it's flat all the way round. The paths aren't great at Herra either.

I’ll have to have a go of it after my hols and see what’s what. I presumed by the winning times it wasnt too extreme as they are usually a decent chunk under 18 minutes.

Just dipped into this thread and didn’t even realise there was a Parkrun at Herrington now!! Will have to give it a go as I haven’t done a Parkrun in ages, partly due to son’s football but mainly due to the course change at Silksworth. Have to say I don’t know why they changed the start and finish line. Before they did this the final hill was just the right length to hit it hard with a sprint finish for a good time. The way it is now you see loads of decent runners blow out half way up the hill - it’s an absolute killer!!

Just dipped into this thread and didn’t even realise there was a Parkrun at Herrington now!! Will have to give it a go as I haven’t done a Parkrun in ages, partly due to son’s football but mainly due to the course change at Silksworth. Have to say I don’t know why they changed the start and finish line. Before they did this the final hill was just the right length to hit it hard with a sprint finish for a good time. The way it is now you see loads of decent runners blow out half way up the hill - it’s an absolute killer!!
Don't think the times reflect that mind. I know I got my pb doing the new route.

Don't think the times reflect that mind. I know I got my pb doing the new route.
Really? Never suited me, much preferred the old route where I could attack the last hill. I also liked starting on the hill as it really warmed you up in time for the downhill stretch. I suppose everyone has different preferences.

Back