Parkrun Thread

Discussion in 'Diet and Exercise' started by Sunderlandanth, Mar 21, 2015.

1. Medulla

Medulla Striker

Yeah, exercise is the best anti-depressant and anti-anxiety medicine known to man. Had a few wobbles of my own recently and some more miles, especially with a social element, is part of the route to better health all around.

Cut back on the booze and shit food, and get more miles in your legs and 1-2 pounds a week off by then is pretty doable.

Fletch likes this.
  2. Mackem00

Mackem00 Striker

Finished 15th yesterday and thought I must have ran a blinder. Was git excited for the email but turns out that very few faster runners turned up this week. Was gutted. :lol:

RestlessNatives and Joe Public like this.
  3. Joe Public

Joe Public Striker

15th is fucking 15th mate, I’d dine right out on that for a while!

MURPHY1973 and Mackem00 like this.
  4. Mackem00

Mackem00 Striker

40 seconds slower than last week but 10 places higher. :lol: :cool:

5. Charlestonian

Charlestonian Midfield

Did the Hartlepool version this week PB hunting as they have pacers first weekend of every month.

Attempted 25 minutes and although I didn’t manage it (26:12 by them, 25:59 by my app) I know with a bit more weight off and some additional training it’ll come.

All boding well gearing up towards the Sunderland 10k.

RestlessNatives and Mackem00 like this.
  6. Mackem00

Mackem00 Striker

Good to know, thanks. Will have a look down beginning of next month.

7. Charlestonian

Charlestonian Midfield

I think it was 21, 22, 25 and 35 minute pacers at the weekend. Not sure if they mix that up or not mind as it’s the first time I’ve been to that one when they have the pacers.

Mackem00 likes this.
  8. 3.142

3.142 Midfield

Keith Flint was a recent new parkrunner and ran his 3rd 5k on Saturday.

Horrific. parkrun still definitely a force for good in mental health but hard to imagine the series of events from then on.

9. Depends on who's available & if there are races the next day. If you have a specific time in mind though drop the Hartlepool Parkrun Facebook page a message & we'll see if someone is willing to pace that.

Charlestonian likes this.
  10. Charlestonian

Charlestonian Midfield

25 was what I attempted so I was in luck but I’ll bare that in mind, thanks mate.

11. There's usually someone happy to cover that sort of pace. Unfortunately the lad that was pacing 25 on Saturday felt his calf tighten up & had to slow down & plod the last km. He was just doing slow laps at training last night.

In case you didn't know they do a monthly pacing event at Albert Park in Middlesbrough as well. Theirs is the last Saturday of the month IIRC & it's flat enough for pb potential.

Last edited: Mar 6, 2019
  12. Charlestonian

Charlestonian Midfield

To be honest as he started slowing up I couldn’t hack continuing at that pace either, I managed the first 4K on track and then fell away. I’ll try again at the start of April.

I’ve done the Albert one once before on New Years Day but not since, I’ll consider that also thank you.

13. MURPHY1973

MURPHY1973 Central Defender

I finished 7th in a australian parkrun once. Only 34 runners mind

14. Medulla

Medulla Striker

Did my second yesterday, 4 secs faster than the first one with a nasty crosswind. 35th out of 300 so happy with that.

It's a great thing, isn't it?

15. Charlestonian

Charlestonian Midfield

Went sub 25 minutes for the first time over 5k this morning at Silksworth of all places having failed at Hartlepool at the start of the month! Buzzing mind!

How has everyone else got on today?

16. Mackem00

Mackem00 Striker

21:25 at Silky for me today. Thought the wind might have slowed me up a bit but quite enjoyed it.

Charlestonian likes this.
  17. Charlestonian

Charlestonian Midfield

Conditions were ideal I thought! Interested to see how far I can push over the next few months, going to target sub 24 next and then see where I’m at. Still got a fair bit of timber to shift so feeling good about further improvements!

Mackem00 likes this.
  18. Mackem00

Mackem00 Striker

Just thought there was a strongish breeze in my face along the big straight but yeah, it was quite pleasant all in.

19. Charlestonian

Charlestonian Midfield

I’ll probably start and struggle when it gets warmer over the next few weeks so I’m making the most of chilly ish conditions until then. I need to try and work out if I’ve got time to do it next weekend before the train.

20. Mackem00

Mackem00 Striker

What times your train? We are on the 14:30 from Durham so plenty of time for me. Parkrun, walk with the dog, dinner with our lass then strite out on the piss. Can't wait.