Parkrun Thread

As in the other thread, inaugural Armley parkrun yesterday. 21:03 and I've been doing Woodhouse Moor in just over 20 so very similar.

Just been made aware of this. My local one is Lake Joondalup, doing it again tomorrow.
But, I’ll be in Sunderland at the end of October so want to fit that in as well. I think there’s more than one, but not sure. I’ll be stopping at the Premier Inn just down from the Empire if anyone can reccomend the closest one.

Just been made aware of this. My local one is Lake Joondalup, doing it again tomorrow.
But, I’ll be in Sunderland at the end of October so want to fit that in as well. I think there’s more than one, but not sure. I’ll be stopping at the Premier Inn just down from the Empire if anyone can reccomend the closest one.
There's just the one in Sunderland at Silky.
Hardwick Park or Gibside National Trust are worth a look out if you wanted to travel.

events | parkrun UK

Formal time was 24.59, came 94th out of 229 runners, not too bad for my first time out, 8 minute miles which is a lot faster than I’m used to.

Need to shed a half stone or so and keep running after the GNR, if I do u think I could get down to about 23 by Xmas.

So that's why I can't get anywhere near my PB at the minute ( that's what I'm saying anyways).

I had feared it was down to me slowly turning into a fat bastard over the last few months :lol:

Whitley is my local too... I'm not a massive fan of the temporary route, just too many people crossing each other's paths. Especially into the second lap....

Didn't know about those incidents, but I totally agree, they both need fuckin banning. I'm a bang average 'plodder' (PB 21.50) and I'm equally as impressed by the elite runners and the lads and lasses coming in last. To call someone names, or push someone for being to slow is disgusting, fuckin prick!

7 minute miles, plodder??? Are you mad!

Last edited:
Formal time was 24.59, came 94th out of 229 runners, not too bad for my first time out, 8 minute miles which is a lot faster than I’m used to.

Need to shed a half stone or so and keep running after the GNR, if I do u think I could get down to about 23 by Xmas.

7 minute miles, plodder??? Are you mad!

It’s not impossible, though losing a stone in 3 months is a canny challenge mind :)

I'm still trying and failing to get a sub-21 time. I could do with just following a 20.50ish runner round the course as I seem to just get my pacing a bit wrong I think. Did a 21.27 last week when a bit hungover so reckon I've got the time in me.

I'm still trying and failing to get a sub-21 time. I could do with just following a 20.50ish runner round the course as I seem to just get my pacing a bit wrong I think. Did a 21.27 last week when a bit hungover so reckon I've got the time in me.
Are you going tomorrow?

Back