Parkrun Thread

I tend to find Chester Riverside a bit overcrowded and narrow. Hartlepool is a nice flat out-and-back along the prom; great if it's not windy. Albert in Middlesbrough is also pretty flat and has wider paths so doesn't feel congested. But it's in Boro, which is a bit of a blow.
Yeah I found this when I did it. Very flat but it felt like it took well into the first lap before I was able to get into any kind of rhythm

What is the fastest course/best for PBs in the North East?
Note imo Chester le street isn't great if you are slower as the start but is quite congested. Id say Hartlepool if there's no wind.
See someone beat me to it with exactythe same comments which I've repeated..sorry 🤣.

Last edited:
I done the Durham parkrun yesterday, always nice to try different routes. Quite a lot of running on grass which I'm not used to but it was nice running along by the river.

Trying to do an A-Z of parkruns. Only on 5 letters so far, 6 next week, but no deadline to complete it by.

Debating doing the Druridge bay park run on Saturday morning. Only ran 4km before and 20 minutes continuously, next run on couch to 5k is a 25 minute run.

Looks like a lot of people there though so don’t wanna get lapped, my average pace is about 6:50/km

Debating doing the Druridge bay park run on Saturday morning. Only ran 4km before and 20 minutes continuously, next run on couch to 5k is a 25 minute run.

Looks like a lot of people there though so don’t wanna get lapped, my average pace is about 6:50/km
Look at the positives. Alot of people there means there'll be loads behind you. Not suree how many laps it is but I wouldn't worry about getting lapped. Just get out there, don't get carried away and set off to fast, and enjoy it. Guaranteed PB 🤣. Keep doing it every week and your time will naturally come down just take it steady for now.

Back