Parkinson's got the job.

Feeling quite positive about the whole thing ,The Americans are still looking at us and we have got shot of Ross.

Onwards and upwards .

Away the fuckin lads !!!

Not in my top 3 choices, but it's fine. I'll support him 100% and expect nothing less than promotion.

How is he going to do that?

We have two centre forwards who can't get more than 13 in 70 matches between them. Name me a team that has gone up in any league in any country with two lads up front who can't hit the back of the net. It just doesn't happen.

The only way we'll get up is if McNulty comes good, which doesn't look likely either as he doesn't spend enough time on the pitch, or he somehow finds a diamond in January with next to no money.

Any manager has a job on their hands to get us promoted with the current lack of goals up front. I think some fans need to stop kidding themselves and stop ignoring a glaring weakness, otherwise we're gonna have manager after manager when results don't live up to unrealistic expectations given what we have up front and no money available to solve that.

It's just the state we're in that I'm not even confident we'll make the play offs. Because of what we have up front it's a 5th/6th team at the very best.

Nice bit info from yer mate, Phunboy, la. Looks like Parkinson negotiated an extra year onto the length of his contract. Unless it was Donald that wanted him to sign a longer contract? You'd imagine it'd be more likely Parkinson, but whee nars? Anyway, either way, nice info. Thanks for sharing it, marra.

Handled with his customary aplomb. And a thing I like about him is it's not arl about HIM. He'd be well advised giving owld Warm Leatherette a wide berth, like. And any blokes who stick their mitts up flightless birds' arses....
No worries I wasn't sure whether to post it as I've seen the treatment some itk's get on this place. I don't get a lot of info anyway just a guy I know who texts me from time to time with the odd titbit

Last edited:
No worries I wasn't sure whether to post it as I've seen the treatment some it's get on this place. I don't get a lot of info anyway just a guy I know who texts me from time to time with the odd titbit
Well, I for one am grateful. He seems to nar his onions wheeever he is. Thanks again. And as for those who dish out the brickbats: phuck them, Phunboy, la.

If they’d taken a punt on another candidate like Ross or given someone their first big chance Id have been relatively content. Allow someone with fresh ideas and / or no previous managerial baggage. If Stendel was to be the man then I’d also not be massively against that either.

Aye, but all of these people could turn out to be garbage or be gold, we just don't know which of them will fit into which category. We got lucky with Denis Smith who got hold of Marco for next to nothing, otherwise we were stuck in that league, I'm sure a few of us will remember being 13th and losing to Doncaster or someone at home two nowt. And, we got lucky with Peter Reid who was able to get the best out of a limited group of players. If we'd have appointed someone else at that time the chances are that we'd have struggled, and no one knew that Smith and Reid would come in and turn the club around. Same with Parkinson, the Barnsley manager, SKP, or anyone else. Given the state we're in and the resulting options all of these people have baggage or no experience - so who knows which of them will turn out to be the best bet. Parkinson has as much chance as anyone interested in the SAFC job.
Massive if but if he gets grigg scoring how many players do we need possibly a rb and maybe a winger

None to get out of this league. We score a shitload of goals from other areas of the pitch. If we had a centre forward knocking in 15 a season we'd go up, without that we won't. Not much to ask for really at this level, but we don't have it and we've no money to get it - but, that's all we need.

Last edited:
Decent enough post on the Guardian story on his appointment for what it's worth.

'A great appointment for Sunderland. Parkinson is a god among Bradford fans. He took us from the bottom of League 2 to the League 1 play offs with a League Cup Final and an amazing FA Cup run where we beat Chelsea and (ironically) Sunderland along the way.

He steadily improved us and we finished in a higher league position each year he was in charge. He only left us when he met the new owners and decided he didn't like the look of them (his suspicions were 100% correct).

He isn't going to give you attacking free flowing football but he'll give you stability which is what Sunderland need by the sounds of it. I'd back him to get Sunderland promoted this season but if not I'd give him a chance for next season.
He's a class act on and off the pitch so I really hope this works out for both parties.'

Aye, but all of these people could turn out to be garbage or be gold, we just don't know which of them will fit into which category. We got lucky with Denis Smith who got hold of Marco for next to nothing, otherwise we were stuck in that league, I'm sure a few of us will remember being 13th and losing to Doncaster or someone at home two nowt. And, we got lucky with Peter Reid who was able to get the best out of a limited group of players. If we'd have appointed someone else at that time the chances are that we'd have struggled, and no one knew that Smith and Reid would come in and turn the club around. Same with Parkinson, the Barnsley manager, SKP, or anyone else. Given the state we're in and the resulting options all of these people have baggage or no experience - so who knows which of them will turn out to be the best bet. Parkinson has as much chance as anyone interested in the SAFC job.

None to get out of this league. We score a shitload of goals from other areas of the pitch. If we had a centre forward knocking in 15 a season we'd go up, without that we won't. Not much to ask for really at this level, but we don't have it and we've no money to get it - but, that's all we need.

Agreed pal.

If maja hadn't fooked off we'd probably of gone up.
Grigg probably biggest name replacement in this league but unfortunately it didn't click.
All history now,
Hopefully Parky is our man to get us up.

Back