Parkinson's got the job.

Photo by Sunderland AFC/Sunderland AFC via Getty Images Whatever your thoughts and feelings are regarding the manager’s position, one thing we can all agree on is that Phil Parkinson deserves the opportunity to show why he’s the right man to lead this club forward. Welcome to Sunderland, Phil! Sunderland AFC is a massive football club - it’s...

More at Roker Report...

You speak as though that’s a factual statement. It’s not. It’s just your opinion. My opinion is that he is not as good as Ross, and I wanted Riss gone.
It's a fact that PP has got other clubs out of this league, and has loads of experience of the English leagues, unlike Ross.

Now that the dust has settled, I think it’s a steady appointment. I wanted Stendel but I’m happy enough with Parkinson. Hopefully some investment follows in due course.

It's a fact that PP has got other clubs out of this league, and has loads of experience of the English leagues, unlike Ross.
So did Grayson - means very little imo. Just hope he can motivate the player to get the extra 15% as he stated in his press conference... THAT is all the team needs. Easier said than done.

Same guy who text me about Ainsworth being given permission to speak to is has just text me saying Parkinson signed an 18 month contract earlier today and will be announced tomorrow
Nice bit info from yer mate, Phunboy, la. Looks like Parkinson negotiated an extra year onto the length of his contract. Unless it was Donald that wanted him to sign a longer contract? You'd imagine it'd be more likely Parkinson, but whee nars? Anyway, either way, nice info. Thanks for sharing it, marra.
Parky's good at interviews :cool:
Handled with his customary aplomb. And a thing I like about him is it's not arl about HIM. He'd be well advised giving owld Warm Leatherette a wide berth, like. And any blokes who stick their mitts up flightless birds' arses....

Last edited:

Back