Parkinson resigns

Yep 1-0 defeat at their place, crappy goal at far post

A Lee Camp fumble at the near post from a free kick, actually. He protested that a hand had been used to deflect the flight of the ball but even so, he should have been able to at least keep it out instead of juggling with it.

That's when I realised we'd managed to find a poorer keeper than the two we already had on the books. Some achievement.
The only manager I can recall recently working under worse conditions was Benitez at Newcastle.

:):)

They will if they get kicked out. He's on about if they manage to survive and are able to bring players in then it's not fair as those teams playing them earlier have an advantage.

That's a bit like saying that every team should field their first choice eleven every week or it's unfair to those teams which have played them when when players have been missing through injury or suspension.

I don't blame them really, but once the window closes there must be a fair few out of contract players who would sign rather than be unemployed - and Bolton do have the finances in place to run for the whole season because the EFL have confirmed this...

Funds to complete the season and funds to buy a load of players are two different things.

Last edited:
That's a bit like saying that every team should field their first choice eleven every week or it's unfair to those teams which have played them when when players have been missing through injury or suspension.

Funds to complete the season and funds to buy a load of players are two different things.
It's not quite the same as only having 3 first teamers on the pitch and getting beaten 5-0 by a team that's lost all their other games.

It's not quite the same as only having 3 first teamers on the pitch and getting beaten 5-0 by a team that's lost all their other games.
Too true!
Trying to bring this argument up shows you've obviously been under way too much strain for too long, but it is understandable and so I'll overlook this bit of idiocy.

However, there is something you may have overlooked in the Football League Regulations

SECTION 5 - FIXTURES

24 Requirement to Play Full Strength Sides in League Matches

24.1 Each Club shall play its full strength in all Matches played under the auspices of The League unless some satisfactory reason is given. In the event of the explanation not being deemed satisfactory the Board shall refer the matter to a Disciplinary Commission which has the power to impose such penalties as it shall think fit.

Back