Parkinson Gone

To me that passive lack of emotion he displayed during games and in interviews showed how apathetic he was toward the job. Really wasn’t that bothered.

Sure that's the mag the Echo hired to cover Sunderland, then his tweets from a few years before were discovered on here.
Got moved to cover Hartlepool or something.

That tweet suggests big changes afoot, no? Unless, of course, you're a Mag looking to stir the shit (the journalist. not you, that is)

That tweet suggests big changes afoot, no? Unless, of course, you're a Mag looking to stir the shit (the journalist. not you, that is)

Exactly what I thought.

Takeover expected in a few days and all those vacancies left unfilled. Almost as if there was a decision made not to hire anyone so the new lot could make their own appointments.

Obviously he's shit-stirring but he just makes himself look oblivious.

His appointment was sensible on the face of it. He had a very high reputation at this level of the game and had even been in contact with a Championship club shortly before he came here. The length of the deal is clear evidence that this was by no means a cheap appointment.

Ultimately the fate of any manager will be dependent on results and they simply weren't good enough for a club of our ambition. He was heavily backed with the most expensive wage bill at this level but the style of football, lack of opportunity for younger players, concerns over fitness levels and results meant that he fell short of expectations.

Whether you like a manager or not, many of them will try their best and work hard to bring success to a club and Phil Parkinson is no different. I wish him well in his future endeavours, but now is the time to look forward to an exciting future on many fronts.

His appointment was sensible on the face of it. He had a very high reputation at this level of the game and had even been in contact with a Championship club shortly before he came here. The length of the deal is clear evidence that this was by no means a cheap appointment.

Ultimately the fate of any manager will be dependent on results and they simply weren't good enough for a club of our ambition. He was heavily backed with the most expensive wage bill at this level but the style of football, lack of opportunity for younger players, concerns over fitness levels and results meant that he fell short of expectations.

Whether you like a manager or not, many of them will try their best and work hard to bring success to a club and Phil Parkinson is no different. I wish him well in his future endeavours, but now is the time to look forward to an exciting future on many fronts.
:lol:Nooooooooo:lol:

No he didn't. Simon Grayson has twice the amount of promotions from this league as him and people have hardly been braying his door down, offering him work

You’ve lost it.

Just go and get Gus mate. Stop talking.

it was never sensible, i don’t know anyone who wanted him or thought he’d do well

He wasn’t the right character to give us the lift we needed, he wasn’t a manager who’d give kids a real chance, he was a manager who sticks by the same players regardless of performances and he was always going to play slow boring negative football.

If he wasn’t the cheap option then wtf were they thinking?

Back