Parkinson and Parkin Confirmed!

@The Cabbage (or anyone else really). Are there many stats around from the season Parkinson took Bolton up from this league? Just wondering how his teams fare on measures like xG, defensive and attacking efficiency etc.

I thought you may be one of the best people on here to know where to look for such info if it exists.
Here's a few links marra. Looks pretty much as advertised tbh. If we go up, it's likely to be a grind based on this evidence.

Scatter Graphs

Attack Breakdown

General Stats

As long as we go up though. I'm sure we'll all be right behind him
Indeed marra. I just have severe doubts that we can defend our way to promotion. I believe the game is moving on.
Excellent, thanks very much marra.

Great website.
Yeah it’s excellent. He includes penalties into his xG calc - which is arguably a bad thing to do. However in general it’s excellent. He has game timelines out by early evening on a Saturday and regularly does summary analysis that allows comparison. Interestingly we ‘should’ be third based on xG difference to date. However it’s because we generally shade tight encounters. It’s unlikely we’ll get sufficient points from that sort of play to gain promotion. As per last year something needs to - and undoubtedly will - change.

Last edited:
Just can't believe they've gone for a manager with that approach, one which has split the fan base and been ineffective with this squad of players.

Reeks to me of, 'hey, this bloke has done it a few times before, he's experienced AND costs next to nowt!! Bugger the stats, philosophy and the rest.. He's our man'.

Shocked that fans are actually underwhelmed. Why? Who did they expect? Did they seriously think we would still be able to go big time when we are in League 1? In League 1 terms he is big time. Best man to go for the job. Tyne Tees has just said perhaps its because fans are still used to thinking of us in the Premier League. But I don't buy that. We always need to be thinking on the level we are at.

Maybe he will do a lot better than some of your fans think. Remember when he managed Bradford, and they beat Chelsea in the cup game at Stamford Bridge ? He’s a decent manager who has done well previously, without having much money to spend. He got Charlton into the playoffs too when he was there.

how do you know he is cheap compared to the others?
he is one of the top league one managers around. he certainly wont be on less than ross or ainswroth at wycombe.

He was working for a pittance at Bolton and I bet he is on less than Ross he has no ambition at all and the club has shown none by appointing him

He was working for a pittance at Bolton and I bet he is on less than Ross he has no ambition at all and the club has shown none by appointing him
how the fuck do you know what he was working dfor at bolton? and yur on meths if you think he was on pess than ross was getting in the scottish second diviosn..
how the fuck do you know he has no ambition?

how the fuck do you know what he was working dfor at bolton? and yur on meths if you think he was on pess than ross was getting in the scottish second diviosn..

how the fuck do you know he has no ambition?

I do know he was on reduced wages at Bolton and I meant what Ross was on at our club !!!

Because he shows none and hasn't at any club he has been at

Back