Parkinson and Parkin Confirmed!

As a Newcastle supporter I get pilloried by my mates for slagging off our own fans. There’s a general refusal to accept a need to reassess where our club are now, not where they have been or may be in the future. I can guarantee if Bruce gets sacked tomorrow we’ll want Mourinho or Wenger to replace him.

Although I’ll always want us to be above you in the table, I’ve long admired the pragmatism of your fans in recognising that the club is bigger than the sum of its parts. If things aren’t working on the pitch, they will be soon enough. Keep the red flag flying and all that.

However, this last few weeks has been different on here. Don’t stoop to our level.

Thats what happens when the owner dangles a Man City sized carrott in front of you then gobbles it up himself and laughs.

References within the game
“During a rigorous recruitment process, it gradually became clear that he was the prime candidate to take the club forward.
“His CV put him on our short list. His references from within the game set him apart.
“I hope that Sunderland fans will all join me in welcoming him to our historic club, as we look forward to an exciting few months.”

References within the game
“During a rigorous recruitment process, it gradually became clear that he was the prime candidate to take the club forward.
“His CV put him on our short list. His references from within the game set him apart.
“I hope that Sunderland fans will all join me in welcoming him to our historic club, as we look forward to an exciting few months.”
Months

@The Cabbage (or anyone else really). Are there many stats around from the season Parkinson took Bolton up from this league? Just wondering how his teams fare on measures like xG, defensive and attacking efficiency etc.

I thought you may be one of the best people on here to know where to look for such info if it exists.

As a Newcastle supporter I get pilloried by my mates for slagging off our own fans. There’s a general refusal to accept a need to reassess where our club are now, not where they have been or may be in the future. I can guarantee if Bruce gets sacked tomorrow we’ll want Mourinho or Wenger to replace him.

Although I’ll always want us to be above you in the table, I’ve long admired the pragmatism of your fans in recognising that the club is bigger than the sum of its parts. If things aren’t working on the pitch, they will be soon enough. Keep the red flag flying and all that.

However, this last few weeks has been different on here. Don’t stoop to our level.

To be honest I will tolerate mediocrity in and around the Prem/Championship for the class matach days and the odd big result or cup run, but League One is a different, shitter kettle of fish. I literally don't want to watch us play on a Saturday anymore. We need to get out of this league ASAP and we look stagnant.

Hopefully this Parkinson bloke gets the best out of our players but is he any better than Jack Ross? Time will tell I suppose.

@The Cabbage (or anyone else really). Are there many stats around from the season Parkinson took Bolton up from this league? Just wondering how his teams fare on measures like xG, defensive and attacking efficiency etc.

I thought you may be one of the best people on here to know where to look for such info if it exists.

Ive got no idea what XG means (it sounds like another size option for a fat lads anorak) but I know that Parkinson’s Bolton promotion winning side 2016/17 conceded the fewest number of goals of any side in the four divisions.

Ive got no idea what XG means (it sounds like another size option for a fat lads anorak) but I know that Parkinson’s Bolton promotion winning side 2016/17 conceded the fewest number of goals of any side in the four divisions.
Expected goals i think

To be honest I will tolerate mediocrity in and around the Prem/Championship for the class matach days and the odd big result or cup run, but League One is a different, shitter kettle of fish. I literally don't want to watch us play on a Saturday anymore. We need to get out of this league ASAP and we look stagnant.

Hopefully this Parkinson bloke gets the best out of our players but is he any better than Jack Ross? Time will tell I suppose.

I agree with no wanting to watch this league one shite football but i still have support the club and hope we get promoted this season.

Would they not be included in that roker report article about the stats of previous promoted teams? Actually roker report did an article on stats and potential managers

Needs a dozen games to make his mark on how we play, tactics etc. Unfortunately if we fail to get promoted this season things will quickly turn sour at the ground, not just in this bubble. Not sure that’s enough time to do both. Usually an optimist but feeling pretty pessimistic right now

His Bolton team kept eighteen clean sheets that season and conceded fewer goals than any other team in League One. They didn't score all that many but had a goal difference of thirty-two. Not exciting but effective.

Needs a dozen games to make his mark on how we play, tactics etc. Unfortunately if we fail to get promoted this season things will quickly turn sour at the ground, not just in this bubble. Not sure that’s enough time to do both. Usually an optimist but feeling pretty pessimistic right now
Needs to get us up this season for me. No excuses about transfer windows, needing their own players etc, he shouldn't have been selected if he couldn't work with this team.

Would they not be included in that roker report article about the stats of previous promoted teams? Actually roker report did an article on stats and potential managers

That’s excellent, thanks mate. I can see why we’d didn’t go for Stendel. ;)

Back