parking for world cup at CLS

Twisted

Striker
Having used the park and ride to the ashes and not been to any other international ive no idea what the parking is like at thr riverside for a (potentially) very busy match. I dont go to t20 either so I'm used to used to parking being absolutely no bother.

A mate has sourced a free ticket but I haven't been able to get off work so ill be turning up around 3, anyone got any useful advice on what the state of parking is likely to be like or where is good if thr nearby ones are full which I'm assuming they will be?

ok so no chance of parking in the normal car parks and park and ride won't be able to help.

so does anyone know if there are nearby-ish ones as the extent of my knowledge of chester le street is parking at their cricket grounds and wandering down the high street for a pint after getting the bus. any help would be appreciated

ok so no chance of parking in the normal car parks and park and ride won't be able to help.

so does anyone know if there are nearby-ish ones as the extent of my knowledge of chester le street is parking at their cricket grounds and wandering down the high street for a pint after getting the bus. any help would be appreciated
Park at shiney row and walk down. Or fence houses round the back way. If you fancy a couple of mile stroll

Having used the park and ride to the ashes and not been to any other international ive no idea what the parking is like at thr riverside for a (potentially) very busy match. I dont go to t20 either so I'm used to used to parking being absolutely no bother.

A mate has sourced a free ticket but I haven't been able to get off work so ill be turning up around 3, anyone got any useful advice on what the state of parking is likely to be like or where is good if thr nearby ones are full which I'm assuming they will be?
Parking used to be so much easier in the old days.

When its packed at the Riverside I find the best way to look for a parking space is to drive down the A167, turn right (instead of left) at the roundabout near the ground and go up Ropery Lane. Turn right/left it will just be pot luck finding a parking space. Best thing about this method is you start near to the ground. so hopefully shouldn't be too far away when you find somewhere to park. Plus theres a few pay for car parks behind Front Street. Happy hunting.

Thanks very much, fingers crossed for tomorrow then. absolutely wounded i couldn't get the time off work but should be able to pass a few pleasant hours at the very least

Thanks very much, fingers crossed for tomorrow then. absolutely wounded i couldn't get the time off work but should be able to pass a few pleasant hours at the very least

Pleased Sri Lanka got a big score. Had visions of them being shot out for 100 and Gayle finishing it by 2.30pm just as you were arriving.

Pleased Sri Lanka got a big score. Had visions of them being shot out for 100 and Gayle finishing it by 2.30pm just as you were arriving.

well don't worry!

the car wouldn't start this morning so that nacked my plan of coming straight from work, i'm currently debating driving out there and risking the same thing happening when i try to come home or waiting till near close and driving over there so i can leave the car running and pick up my mate whilst giving the battery a bit of a run around to charge it.

this is all dependant on the thing actually starting, and my local garage is shut for holidays till later on in the week.

all going well today

well don't worry!

the car wouldn't start this morning so that nacked my plan of coming straight from work, i'm currently debating driving out there and risking the same thing happening when i try to come home or waiting till near close and driving over there so i can leave the car running and pick up my mate whilst giving the battery a bit of a run around to charge it.

this is all dependant on the thing actually starting, and my local garage is shut for holidays till later on in the week.

all going well today

Footage of Twisted off to the match

How’s the parking been for the first two games? Easy enough to find street parking or is the park and ride a good option? Or does the bus just get stuck in the traffic and take forever? Got somewhere to be first thing so going to be leaving Sunderland about 9:45 so leaving it tight on being in for the start

How’s the parking been for the first two games? Easy enough to find street parking or is the park and ride a good option? Or does the bus just get stuck in the traffic and take forever? Got somewhere to be first thing so going to be leaving Sunderland about 9:45 so leaving it tight on being in for the start
Been fairly easy so far but the crowds are gonna be much bigger tomorrow. They've stopped on street parking aswell for the World Cup. If you're leaving Sunderland at 9.45 go to the park n ride far the easiest way as there's no parking at the ground

Back