Park Run Results

Status
Not open for further replies.

archiesdad

Midfield
thought we should have a specific parkrun thread given theres a few people doing it around the country. Anyone who has never done it but who fancies a try check this out:

http://www.parkrun.org.uk/sunderland/home

The sunderland one is a decent size, ie not too big - 100ish most weeks, and has runners from early teens to early 70's. Some people do it as a race against other runners, some race the clock and others use it as more of a social thing. Its good fun and can be a good target to help with your weekly training. It keeps me out of the pub on a Friday night so its not all good like!!!

I've just signed up. Going to aim for 20 minutes flat out.

Whereabouts can I park for this?

park next to the puma centre mate - the start and finish lines is just on the path next to the carpark (you'll see a huddle appear about 10 to 9. Start is 9am prompt - dont forget to print out your barcode - good luck with the 20mins - i'll be somewhere behind you!!!

park next to the puma centre mate - the start and finish lines is just on the path next to the carpark (you'll see a huddle appear about 10 to 9. Start is 9am prompt - dont forget to print out your barcode - good luck with the 20mins - i'll be somewhere behind you!!!

Oh I imagine 20 minutes will be the target to aim for in the next few weeks, maybe not tomorrow!! I'm sure it'll be good fun, and motivation to get out of bed on a Saturday morning!

Oh I imagine 20 minutes will be the target to aim for in the next few weeks, maybe not tomorrow!! I'm sure it'll be good fun, and motivation to get out of bed on a Saturday morning!

thought you meant tomorrow!! sub20min will get you a top10 finish at sunderland most weeks. The winner will be 17min ish and the last person home will be 40min ish. The bulk of people end up 25-30mins. First week i did it i got beat by a woman running with a pushchair!!

Enjoyed that. Got round in 24:02, which is about the same pace I do 10km in so I think there's definitely room for improvement. 40th overall. How did you get on mate?

Just looked at the website. 2 lads running in Newcastle tops??? :eek:

Are they used as pacemakers for everyone to chase? :lol:

Done this a few times, reckon I've got a sub 20 in me somewhere. pb is currently 23:19

I did it this morning with my daughter though(she's only 9), so i was the last bloke to finish:oops:

Am skipping it at the moment since I am in training for a marathon.

Last time out was 18:37 ... reckon sub-18 is possible if eveything goes perfect.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back