Parents - love them

Status
Not open for further replies.

Take care of them Janey. Neither my wife (no) or I are lucky enough to have our parents here to spend the day with. They died relatively young and when they go it is never ever the same
It's been a couple of tough months, the worst thing being having no control. I've bought me mam flowers and I've bought daft food, because I didn't know what else to do. I'm so lucky I've had mine so long, compared to you did x

They so are fuckinfantastic, cherish them everyday

In what way? Genuine question
I'm an only child and have a 10m old daughter and she wants to spend as much time with her as possible but we can't accommodate what she wants and it's causing divisions with my wife and mother and dad and mother

Opposite end for me

having a cracking time with my teenage lads in Spain this weekend, but probably will be last for a while as eldest (17) will start going away with his his mates now.

Struggling with mine. Especially my mother.

Try to get it sorted. I'm not close to mine in any way. But that's not to say that I don't love them. My Mam died 2 years ago & I never told her what a wonderful woman she was. Well, I did, but she had dementia at that stage & she never really understood it. I don't regret much in my life, but I regret not telling her how f***ing cool she was. She was just an normal woman. But she was my mam. She was cool.

I'm an only child and have a 10m old daughter and she wants to spend as much time with her as possible but we can't accommodate what she wants and it's causing divisions with my wife and mother and dad and mother
I was 1 of two, became 1 when we lost me sister and the only grandchild (sister was pregnant) should be no divisions just gratitude there is a healthy child. I'd kill for that

My dad cheated on my mam then she took him back and he beat her up when he was drunk. I didn't shed a single tear when she told me he was dead.

Try to get it sorted. I'm not close to mine in any way. But that's not to say that I don't love them. My Mam died 2 years ago & I never told her what a wonderful woman she was. Well, I did, but she had dementia at that stage & she never really understood it. I don't regret much in my life, but I regret not telling her how f***ing cool she was. She was just an normal woman. But she was my mam. She was cool.

That's so sad mate. Regrets are utterly grim. Best bet is to assume that she understood absolutely everything you thought.....she was your Mam so she would have known how cool you thought she was. Mam's know whats going on in their son's heads

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back