Parents/Grandparents Cleaning Your House

It's not something mine ever did for me (after I moved out) but I've known a few people over the years who had their parents (retired) who would regularly clean their house each week and do washing,ironing and stuff.

Growing up a mates gran used to bus over from Sunderland to clean his parents house from top to bottom. Always thought it was a way to be nosey myself.

Is it just a north east thing?

I'd hate the idea of my folks or outlaws poking around my kip finding skid-marked undies and used connies arl owa.

This a regular occurence leaving used condoms splattered all round the joint?

Aye me granny was offered the vaccine tomorrow but we’ve delayed it a few weeks as a need me garage sorted for me new Tesla arriving at the weekend. :cool:

Our lass does quite a bit for our lad since he split with his lass . He works hard running a school and has the bairn 50-50 so it gives him time to be with her rather than doing washing etc .
She loves him , likes to be busy and likes to help by nature so why not

It's not something mine ever did for me (after I moved out) but I've known a few people over the years who had their parents (retired) who would regularly clean their house each week and do washing,ironing and stuff.

Growing up a mates gran used to bus over from Sunderland to clean his parents house from top to bottom. Always thought it was a way to be nosey myself.

Is it just a north east thing?

I'd hate the idea of my folks or outlaws poking around my kip finding skid-marked undies and used connies arl owa.
Nee way am I letting my mam rake around my house. If she looks in the top of my wardrobe I'd no longer be the favourite child.
It’s Nanna.
It's nana.

The lazy sod over the road was sat on the couch whilst his inlaws(both in their 70's) painted and decorated the front room He even pays a bloke £30 quid a month to cut his back lawn - quite big but a simple oblong shape. Takes me 45 minutes twice a month . Rumour has it that his wife came home and found him stood in front of the fire crying . When she asked what was wrong , he said "Im burning" :)

Wish my Mam would have done that. Nope never happened.

When the MiL comes over from Ireland she stays for a week or two and she does tend to wash and tidy while we're out at work. Which is nice.

Done the flip side of this...my mam - god rest her soul - was immensely house proud but a right stubborn old sod, she lost her mobility but even though I offered to pay she refused to have a cleaner because she didn't want strangers poking around her house. I used to visit every single day and spend the first hour doing housework which was never up to her exacting standards, used to do my head in, wish she was still here though.

Back