Paraplegic man drags himself through airport

Did you have to crawl through the terminal?
If the airport admits they were shite then they were shite. Disgraceful he had no alternative than to drag himself to the exit.
No I didn't, I had to pay for repairs to my chair though. So that was poor from the airport/airline.

What has that got to do with the bloke dragging himself through the airport? Why did you pay for the repairs?
It was an example of how shite the airline was when I travelled. I paid because when they give me my chair back at Faro airport it was aleady assembled. Once I got outside airport I noticed that the device that allows me to fold the back down was broken. Airport said I should have checked when I got it back straightaway. They wouldn't do anything.

Do you think breaking equipment is acceptable?

It was an example of how shite the airline was when I travelled. I paid because when they give me my chair back at Faro airport it was aleady assembled. Once I got outside airport I noticed that the device that allows me to fold the back down was broken. Airport said I should have checked when I got it back straightaway. They wouldn't do anything.

Do you think breaking equipment is acceptable?
Do I think breaking equipment is acceptable? Yes.

Reading more into the story why can't Luton airport stock self propelled wheelchair like lots of other airports?

Something simple like that would have solved this. Not deliberate but ignorant of wheelchair users needs
Probably
But sitting on a baggage trolley massively increasing a pressure injury risk, crawling on his arse, again risking injury to an area of the body with nerve damage probably isn’t the way to highlight that need of the airport to move forward.
I know with me not being a wheel chair user that I probably don’t understand but dragging my arse through the terminal isn’t a choice I would make to highlight my point.
He could have gained better publicity by not being a bit of a nob.

Back