Paraplegic man drags himself through airport

Discussion in 'SMB' started by MackneyHackem, Nov 2, 2018.

1. Bishop Boy

Bishop Boy Striker

2. MackneyHackem

MackneyHackem Central Defender

Well to be fair to the lad the airport has improved its facilities and he's not asking for a penny. Turns out it wasn't about the money.

I suppose he wasn't bothered about looking a bit daft for the sake of making sure the airport provided those wheelchairs after all.

PTR, foolzy and Bishop Boy like this.
  3. Mackem00

Mackem00 Striker

Prepare for the deluge of posters admitting they were wrong there mate.

4. MackneyHackem

Happy to hold my hands up and tak a clamp when it's deserved there mate. Can't say the same about other posters on the board though there mate.

5. Keawyeds

Keawyeds Striker

Sometimes people have to go the extra mile to get the attention something needs. Fair play to him for making a good point, and fair play to Luton Airport for listening and providing self propelling wheelchairs.
    A win-win. Could it have been achieved without the dragging himself through the airport? Possibly not.

6. MackneyHackem

Agreed.

7. Job done, I was right all along then...

8. The cynic in me says that he’s taken legal advice and as a result of that advice he had decided to drop the action because (and if you’ll pardon the non intended pun) he didn’t have a leg to stand on.

9. MackneyHackem

Perhaps, but it doesn't change the fact that Luton airport shelled out for 10 posh wheelchairs.

10. PTR

PTR Striker

Good for the bloke. Excellent result.

11. monkeytassle

monkeytassle Striker

Did he need to drag himself through the airport? Nope. A case would have been enough clearly.

12. But did they have to or are they doing it to garner a positive image?

13. Harry Angstrom

Harry Angstrom Striker

He wasn't. He was given an alternative, a wheelchair. He just wanted to be a bit of a cock.

Bishop Boy likes this.
  14. MackneyHackem

Doesn't matter does it?

15. Harry Angstrom

Harry Angstrom Striker

Are you saying that airlines and airports do a bad job if they are losing, say for example. one item in a billion?

MackneyHackem likes this.
  16. Maybe I'm just unlucky then that both times I've been away in the last two years they've damaged my wheelchair.
    So yes that is a bad job

He was, the airport have now admitted that. Are you saying they are wrong now as well?

17. MackneyHackem

Either you’ve been unlucky or the airlines/airports despise disabled people and did it on purpose.

Which is it do you reckon?

18. Would the airport have done anything if it wasn't on BBC news website? Would they BBC news website have ran with the story if he hadn't pulled himself through airport on his arse?

Doing it on purpose and being shit at your job and not taking enough care are completely different. Which you know

19. Uromastyx

Uromastyx Central Defender

Pressurising deadlines and carelessness combined.

20. Harry Angstrom

Harry Angstrom Striker

Did you have to crawl through the terminal?
    If the airport admits they were shite then they were shite. Disgraceful he had no alternative than to drag himself to the exit.