Paraplegic man drags himself through airport

Thought you were bigger than that mate. :(

As a wheelchair user myself, regarding this guys refusal to be pushed, I'd say do not underestimate a wheelchair users wish for independence.

If it were me however, I'd have been pushed.. My laziness far outweighs my wish for idependence. :lol:
I've absolutely nothing against wheelchair users . In fact I'm very proud of the fact that I pushed someone in a wheelchair on the Great North Run . The point I was making is that whereas most wheelchair users are decent honest folk this arsehole is the sort of twat who's always on the lookout for something for nothing . In doing so he and his ilk are pushing up the price of everything everybody buys because the cost of litigation is being built into everything .

What if it was a pair of crutches?

“Hang on these aren’t the premium crutches I’m used to, these appear to be some lost property crutches...I’d rather crawl, in a bit!”
You're missing the bit 'moving independently ' Surely you can see that wheelchair with small wheels at the back is different to a self propelled wheelchair? Crutches are generally crutches. I paid £90 for a pair of Flexifoot crutches but using a pair of grey bus crutches wouldn't prevent me from moving independently

I've absolutely nothing against wheelchair users . In fact I'm very proud of the fact that I pushed someone in a wheelchair on the Great North Run . The point I was making is that whereas most wheelchair users are decent honest folk this arsehole is the sort of twat who's always on the lookout for something for nothing . In doing so he and his ilk are pushing up the price of everything everybody buys because the cost of litigation is being built into everything .

Fair play.. just found your choice of word a bit... Ouch! ;)

But they wouldn’t have needed them. The mistake that was made was that they accidentally lost his wheelchair.

If my bags went missing I wouldn’t expect the airport to have a bag made up of my specific wardrobe.

Go on then, explain how the inconvenience of losing a bag of clothes equates to being entirely robbed of your freedom to move as you please
As a full time wheelchair using card carrying cripple I really can't wait to hear how you think one even approaches being related to the other. (the same goes for lost golf-clubs, children's buggies, etc, etc)

Go on then, explain how the inconvenience of losing a bag of clothes equates to being entirely robbed of your freedom to move as you please
As a full time wheelchair using card carrying cripple I really can't wait to hear how you think one even approaches being related to the other. (the same goes for lost golf-clubs, children's buggies, etc, etc)

He took the crawling option, therefore not being entirely robbed of his freedom to move as he pleased.

It’s not the same at all.

But they didn’t intentionally lose his chair. And they offered him another chair so he could make his way through the airport.

It wasn’t exactly what he wanted or needed, but he turned it down anyway.

He took the crawling option, therefore not being entirely robbed of his freedom to move as he pleased.

He chose to shift himself on his terms, even though he could have been in a wheelchair.

He says it was humiliating but he decided he’d rather do that than go in wheelchair.

I think one thing to take away from this is that being disabled shouldn’t give you a green light to be a dickhead and not be called out on it.

So true and I admit to being a bit of a dickhead sometimes. Luckily my family soon put me in my place.
I find I can fly off the handle when I see things that I deem unfair on disabled people, and have had to apologise to numerous people over the years.. usually staff of cinemas/pubs/shops.

I blame the high dose of steroids I have to take... Roid Rage!! :lol:

I find it amazing that on reading a story like that, the first thing people pick up on is that 'He's a dick' or words to that effect. Failing to focus on the incompetence of airport staff.

Have a read back through the thread and other than myself there's been very few (If any) who have picked up on that
Aye they're arseholes as well. I'm happy to address the imbalance.
Mind he's the bigger arsehole.

Back