Parakeet and now a Thrush

S

stephen cartwright

To join our mate the Parakeet, who is still full of himself and chasing magpies and pigeons, a Thrush makes an appearance on our bird table.

Haven't seen a Thrush for ages in our garden

Green Woodpecker in our garden hitting the ant hill - been back a few times ignores the bird food but seems to love ants though.

We've got a lady blackbird that thinks she's a hummingbird.

I've got one of these designed for the little birds. The sparrows, tits and robins love it!
http://www.wilko.com/suets-feeders/wilko-wild-bird-pre-filled-peanut-butter-feeder/invt/0460425

She's too big to sit on the perch and eat from it, so she just lunges at it and frantically flaps her wings in mid air while pecking away at it :lol:
Great. Just the job. Was wanting something for the smaller birds. I wonder if its squirrel proof.

Next doors back garden is crowded with mainly male blackbirds. They'd normally fight like hell being in the same garden, so i'm wondering if its a couple of adults and last years brood, so quite tolerant with each other.

Great. Just the job. Was wanting something for the smaller birds. I wonder if its squirrel proof.

Next doors back garden is crowded with mainly male blackbirds. They'd normally fight like hell being in the same garden, so i'm wondering if its a couple of adults and last years brood, so quite tolerant with each other.

Not sure if it's squirrel proof as we only get them occasionally in the garden here. I've screwed mine onto the fence rather than hanging it. It's like a jar of lard with seeds and mealworm in, so not sure if that appeals to squirrels.

Seems to be blackbird families here as different pairs nest in different bushes in our garden. I always brush the dogs outside in the spring and don't sweep it up. They love that and must have really cosy nests :D

Back