Papas Tapas

Too cheap like. How can he be making money? Tapas dishes are usually around the 3-5 quid each mark elsewhere.

They're £3.50 each there , will still make money on all you can eat option though plus drinks - seems to be going great for him

Can't see prawns or calimari on the menu but this pic is on the homepage?

Logon or register to see this image

Must be daily specials , £3.50 for four frozen prawns is a bit steep though if you don't do the all you can eat option

They're £3.50 each there , will still make money on all you can eat option though plus drinks - seems to be going great for him
I hope it does well mate. I'm changing my initial comment slightly after seeing the menu. No king prawns or calamari is a bit of a bummer mind.

Too cheap like. How can he be making money? Tapas dishes are usually around the 3-5 quid each mark elsewhere.
I've just been in Granada and could buy bottled beer at a restaurant from as little as 2€ and with that you would be given free Tapas (small hamburger, chicken burger, meat in salsa, octopus, jamón y queso bocadillo etc... - all with fries or crisps at least). Malaga is a different ball game thougj.

Must be daily specials , £3.50 for four frozen prawns is a bit steep though if you don't do the all you can eat option
Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh. Aye I did say something about 4 daily specials come to think of it.

Fill people up on lots ships and bread! :lol: Patatas bravas won't exactly be costly to make.

I've just been in Granada and could buy bottled beer at a restaurant from as little as 2€ and with that you would be given free Tapas (small hamburger, chicken burger, meat in salsa, octopus, jamón y queso bocadillo etc... - all with fries or crisps at least). Malaga is a different ball game thougj.
Me marra was tellin' is Granada's ideal for that carry on like. I'd be all ower that like.

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh. Aye I did say something about 4 daily specials come to think of it.

Fill people up on lots ships and bread! :lol: Patatas bravas won't exactly be costly to make.
Ship FFS. :lol: :oops:

Hmmm. I'm not about to criticise the place but I wouldn't call that 'loads of options'.
I had this issue with him when it first opened that he said it was Spanish but there's very few Spanish dishes on the menu, nachos, halloumi and hummous aren't Spanish. He couldn't get that! I said what about all the fish dishes and he said that was on the specials. Good concept but the sort of tapas you can get on a sharing platter anywhere

I had this issue with him when it first opened that he said it was Spanish but there's very few Spanish dishes on the menu, nachos, halloumi and hummous aren't Spanish. He couldn't get that! I said what about all the fish dishes and he said that was on the specials. Good concept but the sort of tapas you can get on a sharing platter anywhere
:lol: Is that why one of their comments on an early menu on Facebook mention "more Spanish dishes"?

The restaurant we go to in Spain where my family live with no tourists the whole bill for 6 people and and drinks and wine was no more than £40 .

I can't face going to tapas places in the uk when it's upwards of £5 per dish

:lol: Is that why one of their comments on an early menu on Facebook mention "more Spanish dishes"?

Haha possibly, I even told him to call it tostada rather than bruscetta as that is Italian :lol:

Last edited:
Its the same in Milan but with cocktails instead of beer

Nobody been on yet saying this isn't how tapas is supposed to be eaten?

Might give this place a go even if the menu does sound a little basic. Tried Las iguanas for the first time a couple of weeks ago and paid £25 for 5 tapas dishes. Expensive but thoroughly enjoyable.

Back