Pandemic Silly Pics

Post them. In return, I’ll hoy up some photos of people in ICU beds, bereaved relatives and traumatised doctors and nurses.

How does that sound? Like something you’d want to make a joke out of?

i mean i have one of those senses of humor where anything's fair game, but I merely posted some photos of some of the ridiculous Covid measures, yet you somehow seem to want to make it about the above, we cant change anything about the fact that a nasty virus killed lots of people what we can do is make sure we don't follow our leaders blindly when it comes to ridiculous rules and measures.

THE NHS is a mess and has been for years

i mean i have one of those senses of humor where anything's fair game, but I merely posted some photos of some of the ridiculous Covid measures, yet you somehow seem to want to make it about the above, we cant change anything about the fact that a nasty virus killed lots of people what we can do is make sure we don't follow our leaders blindly when it comes to ridiculous rules and measures.

THE NHS is a mess and has been for years

Well it’s pretty clear that you want to use this thread to put across the argument that lockdown was the wrong course of action.

So I thought I’d offer a counter argument, that’s all.

I think a lot of people were against lockdown because it prevented them going to the pub or on holiday. What do you think?

Well it’s pretty clear that you want to use this thread to put across the argument that lockdown was the wrong course of action.

I think a lot of people were against lockdown because it prevented them going to the pub or on holiday. What do you think?

You will never ever convince me that lockdowns were a good idea, was a shit move adopted from communist China and I'm afraid we're going to be paying for the effects from them for generations

You will never ever convince me that lockdowns were a good idea, was a shit move adopted from communist China and I'm afraid we're going to be paying for the effects from them for generations

So if social contact is required to spread COVID, and people keep mixing at normal levels instead of staying at home like during lockdown, more people would have been infected, right?

This means even more people unwell and off work, and more people in hospital, and more dead.

If you’re against lockdown for the fact it causes hospitals and businesses to effectively stop normal functioning then please tell me…do you think they’d have functioned normally if even more people were off sick, in hospital or dead?

Who is going to treat patients when the doctors and nurses all have COVID?

Nobody seems able to answer these questions and I’m surprised because the people on here against lockdown and vaccines are usually pretty mouthy, but they clam up and avoid these questions for some reason.

Sweden didn’t lockdown. It’s excess mortality rate is one of lowest in Europe over past 3 years. The bycatch from
Lockdown is becoming manifest ( mental health, heart disease, missed cancer diagnosis, economic ruin, educational outcomes greatly diminished for those clear early years). There is no scientific basis to lockdown healthy, economically active members of society and enforce it through law. Especially for SARS-Cov 2, which was unremarkable statistically as I’ve often stated. Madness and cannot be defended on any level in my book.

Sweden didn’t lockdown. It’s excess mortality rate is one of lowest in Europe over past 3 years. The bycatch from
Lockdown is becoming manifest ( mental health, heart disease, missed cancer diagnosis, economic ruin, educational outcomes greatly diminished for those clear early years). There is no scientific basis to lockdown healthy, economically active members of society and enforce it through law. Especially for SARS-Cov 2, which was unremarkable statistically as I’ve often stated. Madness and cannot be defended on any level in my book.

You have often stated it is "statistically unremarkable" but since you're a clueless peddler of lies and misinformation, nobody believed you.

If Sweden has a low excess mortality rate as you claim, but has a vaccination coverage rate only three percentage points lower than the UK, then surely excess mortality isn't attributable at all to vaccination. That kinda fucks off the arguments that other posters have made.

Thank you for disproving all the arguments about vaccination causing excess deaths. Nicely done.

Last edited:
Excellent point Frijj. So if we understand that Sweden had no masking and no lockdown then both of these are clearly useless in reducing excess mortality as Sweden is not an outlier in Europe. As for the jabs, the jury is still out. Again let’s wait and see what effect they have over the coming months an years. At least we have a control group of unjabbed to compare with. Finally, the cost of lockdown in terms of mental health, economic, educational outcomes and missed diagnoses is now becoming manifest. Will you concede that you will at least re-evaluate as it is apparent the argument has run away from you. The cat is out of the bag. We have been conned I hope you can see the light mate, but I fear you are too far gone. Cheers Devonian 👍

i mean lockdown never actually prevented me from going on holiday i managed to get away in between the lockdowns, im also not really that arsed about going to the pub there is more to life, im talking about the Social and Financial Impact as well as the severe impact its probably had on a generation of children.

i mean even you must be able to laugh at the sheer madness of someof the ruling

i mean lockdown never actually prevented me from going on holiday i managed to get away in between the lockdowns, im also not really that arsed about going to the pub there is more to life, im talking about the Social and Financial Impact as well as the severe impact its probably had on a generation of children.

i mean even you must be able to laugh at the sheer madness of someof the ruling
Arrows pointing which direction to walk was the funniest. Blue masks aswell, everyone walking around like there about to go into surgery, crossing the road so not to walk near people cos the news told them not to etc 😂

Arrows pointing which direction to walk was the funniest. Blue masks aswell, everyone walking around like there about to go into surgery, crossing the road so not to walk near people cos the news told them not to etc 😂

i remember getting told off in Tesco for waling the wrong way i didn't even notice the arras, i told the knacker to wind his neck in.. then again i never wore masks either unless i went to the Dr's or the Hospital they were one of the biggest blatant lies to make some people somewhere a lot of money

Excellent point Frijj. So if we understand that Sweden had no masking and no lockdown then both of these are clearly useless in reducing excess mortality as Sweden is not an outlier in Europe. As for the jabs, the jury is still out. Again let’s wait and see what effect they have over the coming months an years. At least we have a control group of unjabbed to compare with. Finally, the cost of lockdown in terms of mental health, economic, educational outcomes and missed diagnoses is now becoming manifest. Will you concede that you will at least re-evaluate as it is apparent the argument has run away from you. The cat is out of the bag. We have been conned I hope you can see the light mate, but I fear you are too far gone. Cheers Devonian 👍

There are countries which did have lockdowns and masks that have lower rates of excess mortality than Sweden.

It really isn’t as simple as you make it out to be.

For example neither Denmark or Finland experienced the same spike in excess mortality that Sweden did, early in the pandemic.

You can see this for yourself. Google EuroMomo for the excess mortality data by country.

I have never denied there were negative aspects to lockdown, but try as I might I can’t get it into people’s minds that there were going to be negatives either way.

You talk about adverse health outcomes, economic outcomes, educational outcomes etc. Do you honestly not believe that letting COVID run rampant in hospitals and schools and workplaces wouldn’t have led to disrupted services and therefore negative outcomes anyways?

Back