Pallion Shipyard redev

Osklen

Midfield
It sounds like they're full of self importance and love organising stuff without actually organising it😄
They sound a little more organised though no sign of the business plan, or any record of contacting the owners or the council. Still claiming the council are knocking it down to build a museum.

Osklen

Midfield
So keen to see shipbuilding back in Sunderland they they're then distracted by a nice office for use as their 'headquarters' in Newcastle, ensuring rates and rent etc go to Newcastle council. If they opened here they could get a deal as a new business.
As someone mentioned there is the newly refurbished river wear commissioners building which has been turned into an office scheme.

Bakerlooline

Midfield
Sounds like someone has taken over the group and is quite prolific on their Facebook page. They groups has also decided to open an office in Newcastle, as apparently it’s of regional importance.

From what I’ve read they are still suggesting the council owns part of the site though no one has decided to ask the council or check land registry.

Also looking at getting the shipyard grade II listed!

Those Facebook posts are works of utter fantasy, the comments are… I actually can’t find the appropriate words.

Cheesy Feet

Striker
Those Facebook posts are works of utter fantasy, the comments are… I actually can’t find the appropriate words.
They’ve gotten a sniff of that ferry order and it’s sent them into overdrive..a lot of them who post on that page just post the same shite over and over..I know a few of them and believe me they’re all looking through rose tinted glasses..it’s the same shite as when that Rupert fella was supposedly wanting to open it..they just blindly overlook the dredging issue..the state of disrepair the yard is in..it would take millions to get the yard up and running and that’s without securing any orders..pure fantasy.

They’ve gotten a sniff of that ferry order and it’s sent them into overdrive..a lot of them who post on that page just post the same shite over and over..I know a few of them and believe me they’re all looking through rose tinted glasses..it’s the same shite as when that Rupert fella was supposedly wanting to open it..they just blindly overlook the dredging issue..the state of disrepair the yard is in..it would take millions to get the yard up and running and that’s without securing any orders..pure fantasy.

I presume you know dark cloud then?

Sounds like someone has taken over the group and is quite prolific on their Facebook page. They groups has also decided to open an office in Newcastle, as apparently it’s of regional importance.

From what I’ve read they are still suggesting the council owns part of the site though no one has decided to ask the council or check land registry.

Also looking at getting the shipyard grade II listed!

Are they Saudis

Startrite

Full Back
There must be huge dredging issues. I cycled along the river this morning at low tide and was surprised at the amount of mud exposed next to Leibherr, it seemed to be half the width of the river.

I presume that it is the bend in the river that causes the sediment to accumulate there. It looked like you could almost walk across.

There must be huge dredging issues. I cycled along the river this morning at low tide and was surprised at the amount of mud exposed next to Leibherr, it seemed to be half the width of the river.

I presume that it is the bend in the river that causes the sediment to accumulate there. It looked like you could almost walk across.
Same beside bonners field
I’m sure you could walk across at low tide
Wanting to open an office in noocazzle for the region

🤔

Cheesy Feet

Striker

Go on the Facebook group and ask them about the dredging and see what replies you get..!!

bobster999

Midfield
Just having a read and it seems that when someone questions it, they're removed from the group. They're like the skivers at a workplace who spend more effort into trying to look busy than actually doing what they're meant to.

Osklen

Midfield
Just having a read and it seems that when someone questions it, they're removed from the group. They're like the skivers at a workplace who spend more effort into trying to look busy than actually doing what they're meant to.

yeah noticed that - was it Jonathan gray or someone who was kicked off. Must admit I’m not sure the building is worth €18.6m mind or whatever he quoted, but then again that might be what the owners want.

I noted that a Che Thornton also got kicked off for just asking pertinent questions.

what was funny is that there still appears to be no obvious sign of a business plan even though I’m sure that was part of the reason for the fund raising, along with a flyer for every house hold in Sunderland which I am still to receive mine. What did they do with the money in the end?

Also they’ve put this up in the last 30 minutes. Interesting to see how their supporters react as surely it’s not the council saying no, just that they need further information.

Last edited:

Falconhoof

Winger
Regardless of funding, ownership, dredging or whatever else they come up with. There's going to be a second footbridge built at panns banks just above the river that ships couldn't get underneath.
I'm really unsure why no one has even mentioned that 🤷‍♂️

Osklen

Midfield
Regardless of funding, ownership, dredging or whatever else they come up with. There's going to be a second footbridge built at panns banks just above the river that ships couldn't get underneath.
I'm really unsure why no one has even mentioned that 🤷‍♂️

i don’t think that’s the case though I wasn’t sure it was going to panns bank, more the West of the new bridge. I’m sure the Council have said that the lower level bridge would still allow navigation up the river but design hasn’t been developed. Think it’s another untruth.