• We are doing some maintenance and upgrades to the server and message boards today.
    The site will be unavailable for short periods.

Pallion Shipyard redev

Going to be a new city called PallionSouthwick

Just kidding…..imagine an amalgamation of two names of separate places!!! Lol

Last edited:

tunstallhill

Striker
I'm convinced that if there was a glimmer of hope of this happening, the council would have been 100% on side. Bringing private investment, and employment, into the city is one of thier biggest concerns. Why would they not?

Bakerlooline

Midfield
There’s a lot of posts in this thread that are massively inaccurate in terms of assumptions being made. Also some of the facts being stated are not facts at all, particularly with regard to offshore wind and renewable energy. I really shouldn’t say any more other than there definitely is not a lack of support from council or a lack of effort from other parties. Big stuff is coming but it may just be in slightly different sectors. NDA’s are in place so don’t even ask.

Kevj

Striker
There’s a lot of posts in this thread that are massively inaccurate in terms of assumptions being made. Also some of the facts being stated are not facts at all, particularly with regard to offshore wind and renewable energy. I really shouldn’t say any more other than there definitely is not a lack of support from council or a lack of effort from other parties. Big stuff is coming but it may just be in slightly different sectors. NDA’s are in place so don’t even ask.

It would never be used for OSW, other than possibly smaller road transportable sub assembly fabrications. There’s more opportunity at the Port.

Striker

Sounds interesting.
I always thought it would just end up as housing

It would never be used for OSW, other than possibly smaller road transportable sub assembly fabrications. There’s more opportunity at the Port.
The port features very heavily in my latest novel. I've used quite a bit of artistic licence, but I best get it published before anything actually happens down there. Don't want anyone thinking I'm writing about them.:lol:

Cheesy Feet

Striker
At the time of my mate trying to bring OSW to Sunderland we weren’t on the renewable energy benefit list..wether that’s changed since i don’t know.

mux

Striker
I reckon it’s more than a 5 minute walk to pallion metro mind.
Aye and apart from it listing the distance to Newcastle Airport as 6121km and the distance to the Port of Sunderland as 6106km... oh and the fact that they have got it situated on the live map on the Equator just off the coast of Nigeria... apart from that yeah it's a great advert.

Logon or register to see this image

Give me the make and model of your car and I’ll put it up for sale. It doesn’t matter if you agree.

Edit:

Actually, I’d like to see this letter where the owners confirm they are planning to use the site for an alternative development.
The timing is pretty coincidental considering they were called out on here and couldn’t substantiate a number of valid queries.
Do they read this like ?

Osklen

Midfield
Sounds like someone has taken over the group and is quite prolific on their Facebook page. They groups has also decided to open an office in Newcastle, as apparently it’s of regional importance.

From what I’ve read they are still suggesting the council owns part of the site though no one has decided to ask the council or check land registry.

Also looking at getting the shipyard grade II listed!

Last edited:

bobster999

Midfield
Sounds like someone has taken over the group and is quite prolific on their Facebook page. They groups has also decided to open an office in Newcastle, as apparently it’s of regional importance.

From what I’ve read they are still suggesting the council owns part of the site though no one has decided to ask the council or check land registry.

Also looking at getting the shipyard grade II listed!

It sounds like they're full of self importance and love organising stuff without actually organising it😄