• We are doing some maintenance and upgrades to the server and message boards today.
    The site will be unavailable for short periods.

Pallion Shipyard redev

Kevj

Striker

Give me the make and model of your car and I’ll put it up for sale. It doesn’t matter if you agree.

Edit:

Actually, I’d like to see this letter where the owners confirm they are planning to use the site for an alternative development.
The timing is pretty coincidental considering they were called out on here and couldn’t substantiate a number of valid queries.

Last edited:

Cheesy Feet

Striker
Give me the make and model of your car and I’ll put it up for sale. It doesn’t matter if you agree.

Edit:

Actually, I’d like to see this letter where the owners confirm they are planning to use the site for an alternative development.
The timing is pretty coincidental considering they were called out on here and couldn’t substantiate a number of valid queries.

A mate of mine who tried to bring a company there to built wind farm turbines told me that the rent the owners were after was proper taking the piss like.

ajthemackem

Striker
They kicked up a fuss about bringing ship building back but they hadn't even looked into seeing if the actual place they needed was up for sale??!

I thought that would have been the obvious first step instead of seeking approval from facebook
Simple rabble-rousing.

Cheesy Feet

Striker
They kicked up a fuss about bringing ship building back but they hadn't even looked into seeing if the actual place they needed was up for sale??!

I thought that would have been the obvious first step instead of seeking approval from facebook

It was hard to work out exactly what they wanted to do with it..it went from Shipbuilding to servicing offshore supply vessels which is essentially ship repair which is essentially shipbuilding..you still need to get a ship up and down the river..which means the river needs dredging..and on and on.

Kevj

Striker
A mate of mine who tried to bring a company there to built wind farm turbines told me that the rent the owners were after was proper taking the piss like.

It’s actually pissed me off quite a bit. I was hoping that this outfit were more than just bluster and something would come of this, however, sentiment to one side, I knew it is far fetched.

As for the rent prices, the current owners had a small shed for short term lease around a year ago for £8k or £20k a month. Thanks s not too dissimilar to Wilton but they have access to the river, and it’s a bigger shed.

Martin F

Striker
It was hard to work out exactly what they wanted to do with it..it went from Shipbuilding to servicing offshore supply vessels which is essentially ship repair which is essentially shipbuilding..you still need to get a ship up and down the river..which means the river needs dredging..and on and on.
I never understood why they thought that anyone interested in taking Pallion over would talk to them (self appointed go-betweens) instead of the site owners.

jackynutmeg

Striker
They spoke about bringing superyachts up here for refurb work.
Aye reeto. We deal with superyachts at work and they wouldn't be coming to Sunderland.

Cheesy Feet

Striker
It’s actually pissed me off quite a bit. I was hoping that this outfit were more than just bluster and something would come of this, however, sentiment to one side, I knew it is far fetched.

As for the rent prices, the current owners had a small shed for short term lease around a year ago for £8k or £20k a month. Thanks s not too dissimilar to Wilton but they have access to the river, and it’s a bigger shed.

I put that Rupert fella in touch with my mate..my mate’s the Managing Director of a yard in Germany that make the offshore wind turbines..in 2014 my mate came over with representatives of his company to enquire about bringing that line of work to Sunderland..they flew private investors in..private jets no expense spared..they got little back from the owners and the council didn’t want to know.
I never understood why they thought that anyone interested in taking Pallion over would talk to them (self appointed go-betweens) instead of the site owners.

They might have thought that the council were going to step in and offer grants and subsidies all over the place..pay the rent for them..get the river dredged..make the actual building structurally sound..invest in new equipment..even if they’d gone down the wind turbine route my mate was telling me that there’s grants and subsidies available from the Renewable Energies Commission..Sunderland isn’t on the list.

Last edited:

Red

Striker
I put that Rupert fella in touch with my mate..my mate’s the Managing Director of a yard in Germany that make the offshore wind turbines..in 2014 my mate came over with representatives of his company to enquire about bringing that line of work to Sunderland..they flew private investors in..private jets no expense spared..they got little back from the owners and the council didn’t want to know.

There's a surprise.