Pakistan 🇵🇰 v England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 1st test Rawalpindi

Listened to the TMS podcast there and my word Vic Marks is depressing. I love the bloke normally, but he makes this place sound like we’re a bunch of raging optimists.

I must admit I’m more nervous about this than any england footbsll win

It’s weird because I agree with stokes and mcculum totally but when you’ve watched 5 days you wanna see all that good play rewarded

Maybe it’s something I need to get used to if they win?

Tbf I never criticise the team as I know they’d always try their best but they literally couldn’t lose

Not sure what to think!

I love his commentary and punditry marra, like I say, he just came across very negative (I thought) in summation of the declaration and of England’s intent.
Ok fair enough but you were pretty specific before I’d suggest you were saying he was being negative! Otherwise I don’t get your point

No big deal tho
I'm done with this forum like,

hopefully we win tomorrow, I really enjoy the people on this cricket section. I'd put it at 50/50 but lets see.

Last edited:
A chance of a win for either team on a pitch that would normally produce a bore draw.
I really don't mind if we lose as this is what test crickets needs at the moment. It is dying on its arse
in the face of the shorter format games. Look at the attendance for the Aussie v W. Indies game.
IMHO a five day match (unaffected by the weather) should always produce a good game including a battling
draw.

The pitch has been extremely poor and it needed a strong declaration to create an exciting end but I'd still rather lose playing like this than draw by batting them out of the game.

Pakistan clear favourites. 2 sessions to get 174 runs on a pitch offering nothing to the bowlers. Declaration was always too early, as batting sensible would still get them the win on this pitch comfortably. We got to 270 playing really aggressive and taking risks. Pakistan not taking risk and batting sensibly made it a very reachable target imo

A chance of a win for either team on a pitch that would normally produce a bore draw.
I really don't mind if we lose as this is what test crickets needs at the moment. It is dying on its arse
in the face of the shorter format games. Look at the attendance for the Aussie v W. Indies game.
IMHO a five day match (unaffected by the weather) should always produce a good game including a battling
draw.

That’s exactly my view mate more or less word for word, in any other era, this game would have been incredibly boring, the paying public would have been effectively watching batsman have net practice for 5 days.

Whatever happens in this game it has been good for test cricket imo.

Only thing would add is Leach is not a good test bowler

Last edited:
The pitch has been extremely poor and it needed a strong declaration to create an exciting end but I'd still rather lose playing like this than draw by batting them out of the game.
Had the roles been reversed I doubt the hosts would have done the same. Regardless of the outcome, I am still miffed that the curtailment of play on the first day prevented an even more ridiculously high score.

Back