Painting doors

Just doing ours now and putting new handles on. I always take mine off, stick couple of screws in top of door with string attached and attach other end to a shelf in garage which holds them up so i can paint both sides at once.
Good couple of coats with acrylic undercoat and then 1 coat of eggshell. Paint all of it on with a roller. Use a brush on detailing

I was once working in some high end flats in Chelski years ago and the painting foreman reckoned he had once painted the doors to No 10 Downing Street. I asked him how they got that astonishing high gloss finish and he reckoned that they actually removed the doors, suspended them from a scaffold parallel to the ground and then painted them from below. He reckoned it was the perfect way to lay off the brush stroke. I never tried this myself but wonder what you make of it? Have you heard anything like this before?
I haven't but I stopped working as a P+D 25 years ago or so. It would stop runs and curtains. Must be multiple coats of undercoat and gloss on that thing.

I haven't but I stopped working as a P+D 25 years ago or so. It would stop runs and curtains. Must be multiple coats of undercoat and gloss on that thing.

@butchers coat posted earlier on the thread at No 37 about how in the 90´s they changed the door to metal, guess after that IRA mortar attack. The place I was working on was being built in 83 where the painting foreman mentioned how it was once done. Paint technology is one huge subject when you consider the different types and uses. I remember having to answer an exam question on rubber chlorinated paint once. And now thats about all I can remember , just the name, nowt about its uses or applications.

Back