Paedophile prison term reduced

Usually results in the classic "do you have kids?...no, well you wouldn't understand" argument.
Its a very valid argument. Society and the development of legal systems reflect the objective desire to satisfy the individuals requirement for justice for wrongs done. Theres no doubt that in times gone by such behaviour would illicit a natural desire on behalf of the victims to kill this man. Civilisation takes this out of the hands of the victim and puts it in the hands of the state. The state can then effectively determine guilt. Its only in very recent times this has also meant reductions in punishment, initially through fear of mistakes which cant be rectified. This has, for me, effectively removed the concept of natural justice.

Revenge? His crimes should be punished, not merely as a deterrent, but as a fair recompense for what he did.

Last edited:

Spot on.

Its a very valid argument. Society and the development of legal systems reflect the objective desire to satisfy the individuals requirement for justice for wrongs done. Theres no doubt that in times gone by such behaviour would illicit a natural desire on behalf of the victims to kill this man. Civilisation takes this out of the hands of the victim and puts it in the hands of the state. The state can then effectively determine guilt. Its only in very recent times this has also meant reductions in punishment, initially through fear of mistakes which cant be rectified. This has, for me, effectively removed the concept of natural justice.

Good post, but for that reason I'd be far more likely to commit murder than to advocate the death penalty.

Kid doesn't have to die for the guilty to be killed. A 2 year old baby was raped. No place in society for that. None whatsoever

Its even worse than a normal case of child rape. He has somehow persuaded a father to do this to his own child. Its torture on a grand scale.

You can judge a society by how it treats it's undesirables.

Undesirables? Odd word to use. This isnt a case of someone being a social outcast. This man tortured people, some of which tried to kill themselves. He has destroyed their lives. You can judge a society on how they treat such people and ours fails on this count.

Last edited:

Back