Paedophile prison term reduced

With jail the decision can be reversed if/when found to be wrong.

It's not the bleeding heart liberal in me (can't speak for anybody else) that is the reason I am strongly against the death penalty. It is for a few reasons but including: no opportunity to reverse mistakes, no verdict is "100% nailed on" since there can always be contamination issues or mixed samples, whether accidental or deliberate, with DNA evidence. Also, it's just not the sort of thing a civilised society does.... killing people to make ammends. That is a rocky road down to the Saudi Arabias and Nazi Germanies of this world.

Again, for the avoidance of doubt, that doesn't mean anybody who opposes the death penalty can't be as horrified, repulsed and sicked as our self righteous friends on here by some of the crimes that have happened particularly against children.

Usually results in the classic "do you have kids?...no, well you wouldn't understand" argument.

I do have kids as of course I would feel protective and would want to kill anybody who harmed them etc etc

I also want to live in a country with a good system. It isn't perfect but it's one of the best in the world.

It's pure nonsense like. Tell someone you're against capital punishment and they come out with "how would you like it if someone murdered ya ma'?" :lol:

There's a reason why the victims or their families aren't involved in the sentencing like.

The entire sentencing of paedophiles needs to be reviewed. Do those who set the rules really believe that nonces can be rehabilitated? There should be specific secure establishments for nonces where they spend their days doing productive work to partially pay for their confinement, and interacting with psychologists. No internet, selected TV programmes and reading material etc. No nonce should ever be released back into society until they serve their time and consent to surgical castration.

Raping/molesting a pre pubescent child should mean a mandatory life sentence. No ifs, no buts, no excuses, no mitigation. You die in prison.
Agree with most of all that apart from the surgical castration. Mutilation is cruel and unusual punishment.. Also we can probably achieve the same thing with depo injections

Agree with most of all that apart from the surgical castration. Mutilation is cruel and unusual punishment.. Also we can probably achieve the same thing with depo injections

It would be entirely voluntary, of course.
I’m not advocating tying them down and hacking them off! Offer surgical castration in exchange for parole, their choice. TBH, if they are genuinely remorseful and hate being nonces, (many actually are, apparently) they’ll jump at the opportunity to change.
It’s a small price to pay for losing an, erm, unfortunate sexual urge. Would A couple of silicone implants make it more humane?

Seriously, if we were to go down the injection route, the first time they failed to turn up without a valid excuse, their parole should be revoked.

Back