P’boro

Their recruitment is superb. They always get their business done extremely early (almost as if they'd prepared who they want, scouted and sounded out BEFORE the window opens - bizarre). And then the players they bring in are usually highly promising and exciting for next to nowt. Everytime they sign someone I'm always thinking hed be worth a punt but it's just totally under the radar, perhaps because they do strike so early whilst our entire club are still on the beach. We should genuinely be looking at poaching whoever is running the scouting there.

Can’t be that good since they can’t get out of this division

Peterborough might have played like 1970s Brazil, I don’t know, but watch these goals. Fuck me they’re all terrible, apart from the one where he rounds the keeper. I’m asssuming it’s a Maddison pass?

Really surprising result, thought Rochdale weren’t a bad side , judging by our game and today they are our biggest threat this season

That video suggests they’re brand new to the sport.

Peterborough might have played like 1970s Brazil, I don’t know, but watch these goals. Fuck me they’re all terrible, apart from the one where he rounds the keeper. I’m asssuming it’s a Maddison pass?

Just put it into row z!

Maddison taking the piss from the right again.

They’ll fall away. As will Fleetwood and Wycombe, Lincoln are already faltering.

Win the next 4 and we’ll be laughing, I’m very confident that we will.

Ivan toney apart they are a good side and play some nice football. Unlucky to drop off last season but if they keep up this form they will be up there. Will be tough to get out this league this season. When forest went down to league one it took them 3 seasons to get back up with good sides and now they have spent a very long time in the championship. Hope we dont do a forest.
Why Ivan Toney apart? He's far better than any of our centre forwards and will score 25+ this season.

They also spend no money and have a club policy to sell anyone who's in the last year of their contract. Add to that, as a club they have about a tenth of the lure or pull we have. None of which has anything to do with scouting. Now back to the point. In spite of all those things, over the past two summers they've built a team that is full of exciting young players that gave ours the run around and are highly sellable assets at the cost of next to nothing. Full of pace and strength all over too, what a novelty. Even if they don't go all the way, which they may not for a variety of factors - the fact they constantly sell their biggest assets every summer but manage to roll on and compete towards the top is testament to consistently good recruitment. Exactly why we should be looking at their recruitment.

Or do you prefer Tony Cotons approach? Desperately phoning clubs in the last week of the window to see who's available?

Must be hard for their recruitment team, constantly having to pull a rabbit out the hat season upon season. Three or four bad signings in a summer and they’d be in real trouble.

I’ve just seen the goals in their game against Rochdale. All 6 were horrendous defensive mistakes. If the Rochdale players just booted the ball down the pitch they would have keep a clean sheet.

Back