Ozzy ozbourne

He contributed his voice and he was amazing as a singer for the band, but he was not a songwriter or lyricist - I didn't mean to undermine him too much really. I love Ozzy/Sabbath

I find it hard to accept that he had no input into classics like Crazy train and Bark at the Moon.....he may not have been responsible for whole songs but surely be contributed ideas , titles ,melodies etc ?

I find it hard to accept that he had no input into classics like Crazy train and Bark at the Moon.....he may not have been responsible for whole songs but surely be contributed ideas , titles ,melodies etc ?
Probably melodies I'd imagine for his solo stuff, Sabbath was definitely Tony and Geezer for the vast majority, if not all, of it.

They're not Sabbath songs....

The usual dynamic in Sabbath was Iommi riffs, Geezer lyrics, Ozzy vocal melodies, and Bill on the pots n pans. Ozzy chipped in a few times with lyrics - such as on The Writ - and he wrote Who Are You? on a Moog he could barely play, but the vast majority of writing was Iommi and Geezer. Ozzy's still absolutely indispensable to one of the greatest bands to ever set foot on the planet though.

I think he had a bit more input in his solo career (though not as much as Sharon wangled for him in the official credits).
He's no Joe elliot tho
Thank God.

Last edited:
Cliff was good like but i grew up with newstead

Kip winger?

Also ozzy had a huge solo career- did any other manage that? Only dio

Dio was an awesome singer and good front man

Ozzy was a great front man but perhaps more importantly, a wildman too.

As an aside, some of Dio's lyrics are unintentionally hilarious

They're not Sabbath songs....

The usual dynamic in Sabbath was Iommi riffs, Geezer lyrics, Ozzy vocal melodies, and Bill on the pots n pans. Ozzy chipped in a few times with lyrics - such as on The Writ - and he wrote Who Are You? on a Moog he could barely play, but the vast majority of writing was Iommi and Geezer. Ozzy's still absolutely indispensable to one of the greatest bands to ever set foot on the planet though.

I think he had a bit more input in his solo career (though not as much as Sharon wangled for him in the official credits).

Thank God.
IMO one of Sabbath's best tracks was Junior's Eyes.

No sure exactly how much input Ozzy had with the lyrics, despite the songwriting credits, but he was certainly the inspiration behind the track...............well his dad was anyway

Back