Ozzy ozbourne

Sabbath are the band that started it all, legends
Zeppelin, Purple and Priest also very influential, even The Kinks had some killer metal riffs.
All genres of metal owe a lot to these bands, especially the mighty Sabbath 😎

Aesthetics aside Priest offered the square root of fuck all to music.

Of couese 'metal music' will not die when Ozzy dies. He was the voice of Sabbath but did not contribute anything songwriting wise. The death of Hetfield/Ulrich/Harris/Dickinson will be bigger loses imo - hopefully they are all nowhere near dying! Christ this is getting morbid (angel).

Blasphemy.

Of couese 'metal music' will not die when Ozzy dies. He was the voice of Sabbath but did not contribute anything songwriting wise. The death of Hetfield/Ulrich/Harris/Dickinson will be bigger loses imo - hopefully they are all nowhere near dying! Christ this is getting morbid (angel).
Seriously? would members of a Metallica covers band be that much of a miss? ;) Think Jeff Hanneman was a bigger loss to be fair and Metallica died the day Cliff went

Sabbath are the band that started it all, legends
Zeppelin, Purple and Priest also very influential, even The Kinks had some killer metal riffs.
All genres of metal owe a lot to these bands, especially the mighty Sabbath 😎
@chriswallace85 has strong opinions on this subject. Personally, I would go with Sabbath being the band who made Heavy Metal a 'thing' but I can't see them ending being the end of HM as a genre. Whether you like it or not, it certainly has longevity.

Seriously? would members of a Metallica covers band be that much of a miss? ;) Think Jeff Hanneman was a bigger loss to be fair and Metallica died the day Cliff went

Cliff was good like but i grew up with newstead
A winger status aswell

Kip winger?
Yeah but there was a charm to the Ozzy Sabbath that was lost when he left. Their catalogue was superb.

Also ozzy had a huge solo career- did any other manage that? Only dio

Last edited:
He's not even the most important metal person in his own band ffs. Tony Iomi

I'm not really into metal like some are so I'm not really qualified to comment, but isn't the story that Tony Iomi created the sound because of the way he set up his guitar strings to allow him to play after injuring his hand in an industrial accident.

Back