Ozzy Osbourne live

I don`t know if he does Shot In The Dark any more, or certainly doesn`t put it on any compilations as there was a writing dispute where Phil Sousan, the bassist, took an idea from his previous band (Wildfire - which featured Simon Kirke and the Overland brothers from FM) and claimed the writing credit with Ozzy and left out the writers from Wildfire. I`m not sure if it`s resolved now but it did stop him using the song for a while.
Reading that it may explain other bands as well. Going back to Scorpions, I’ve noticed that the Blackout album isn’t on Spotify or Apple Music. Someone somewhere must have a dispute about royalties that prevents it from being streamed. Sad really as it’s a great album.

Fortunately I managed to see him live at download 2018. Watched a few of his recent live shows at the time and wasn't expecting much but his performance that day was amazing. Nice follow up to seeing guns n roses on the Saturday night, brilliant weekend. Hope he's able to get back to it

Reading that it may explain other bands as well. Going back to Scorpions, I’ve noticed that the Blackout album isn’t on Spotify or Apple Music. Someone somewhere must have a dispute about royalties that prevents it from being streamed. Sad really as it’s a great album.
blackout is on Spotify

First gig I ever saw when I was 12/13 ish at the city hall in newcastle. Didn’t appreciate it as much as I wish I had at the time.
Yeah one of my first gigs was Ozzy at the city hall in 86 on the shot in the dark tour.
That's the only time I've seen him live solo and didn't appreciate it as much as I should.

Can't complain though seen him twice with Sabbath

Motörhead were up there but just the classic lineup of Lemmy, Phil and Eddie, sadly none of whom are with us. Orgasmatron is a good song though.
The regret I have is that I was going through a bit of a pretentious phase back then so when they toured for the Ace Of Spades album I decided they were crap so didn’t go and see them.
I saw them a couple of times (Mayfair and City Hall) They were shit both times, you didn't miss anything. I alao saw Ozzy in "Blizzard of Oz" at the Mayfair with the original guitar player, forget his name now. They were great.

I saw them a couple of times (Mayfair and City Hall) They were shit both times, you didn't miss anything. I alao saw Ozzy in "Blizzard of Oz" at the Mayfair with the original guitar player, forget his name now. They were great.
I saw Motorhead on both the Overkill and Bomber tours ( both at City Hall ) and they were great

Was lucky enough to see Sabbath 15-20 years ago. Jake E. Lee is a toppa guitar player, as is Brad Gillis who plays on the Speak of the Devil - for some reason I don't know that was the first Ozzy album I bought and listened to it to death.

Was lucky enough to see Sabbath 15-20 years ago. Jake E. Lee is a toppa guitar player, as is Brad Gillis who plays on the Speak of the Devil - for some reason I don't know that was the first Ozzy album I bought and listened to it to death.
Only got to see Sabbath once and that was around five years ago. Three of the four original line up - no Bill Ward unfortunately.
As good as they were, it was obvious that Ozzy’s lifestyle had caught up with him.

Aye, been cranking the brain into gear and it was the Bomber tour at City Hall.I remember not liking it, can't remember why... we had taken a boat load of acid mind. Great days.
Iirc Saxon supported them on that tour …..prior to their success with ”Wheels of Steel”
Seen Ozzy a few times live, gradually diminishing returns unfortunately. Missed the sky arts programme. When was it from?
It was at Budakan…..No More Tears era i think…..RobTrejulo of Mettallica on bass

Last edited:
Never seen Ozzy as a solo artist, but did see Sabbath's the Never Say Die tour with Van Halen.

Van Halen made Sabbath look like they'd reached the end of the road (shame that was as good as it got for Van Halen), but Sabbath were certainly born again.

Back