Ozzy Osbourne live

Crazy Train....excellent.
Got to be Bark at the Moon, Shot in the Dark and Paranoid to finish.
Has Mama I'm coming Home been on yet?....I had to pop out and missed about 10 minutes....

I’ve just been shouted out to turn the TV down.
Dog left the room just as I’m on air guitar in the front room with volume full up bouncing to Bark at the Moon and Paranoid.

Taping Marrilion next as a contrast but like them.

I’ve just been shouted out to turn the TV down.
Dog left the room just as I’m on air guitar in the front room with volume full up bouncing to Bark at the Moon and Paranoid.

Taping Marrilion next as a contrast but like them.
Grew up listening to Black Sabbath and Ozzy. He was part of the top five of Rush, AC/DC, Scorpions, Rainbow and Sabbath
Sorry, but whenever someone refers to taping something then I always think about this sketch. Not you personally…

Grew up listening to Black Sabbath and Ozzy. He was part of the top five of Rush, AC/DC, Scorpions, Rainbow and Sabbath
Sorry, but whenever someone refers to taping something then I always think about this sketch. Not you personally…

Very similar....
Mine were Sabbath, AC/DC, Scorpions, Motorhead, and Iron Maiden....with Rush and Hawkwind a close joint 6th.
Tokyo Tapes, to this day, is still my favourite album.

Very similar....
Mine were Sabbath, AC/DC, Scorpions, Motorhead, and Iron Maiden....with Rush and Hawkwind a close joint 6th.
Motörhead were up there but just the classic lineup of Lemmy, Phil and Eddie, sadly none of whom are with us. Orgasmatron is a good song though.
The regret I have is that I was going through a bit of a pretentious phase back then so when they toured for the Ace Of Spades album I decided they were crap so didn’t go and see them.

Well, they get to see him perform, instead of holding onto a ticket for 2+ years for a gig that might never happen.
Ahh, sorry mate, I think I misunderstood your post, that makes sense now.
Be 4 years from buying a ticket to next "proposed" date.....it still won't go ahead like.
Motörhead were up there but just the classic lineup of Lemmy, Phil and Eddie, sadly none of whom are with us. Orgasmatron is a good song though.
The regret I have is that I was going through a bit of a pretentious phase back then so when they toured for the Ace Of Spades album I decided they were crap so didn’t go and see them.
Seen them on that tour and the Iron Fist tour, both excellent. Became a bit average, especially live during the Robbo era, though improved with Wurzel.
Back to their best again as a three piece with Phil Campbell and Mikkey Dee....absolutely superb live.
I miss my annual 3 day deaf spell.

Last edited:

Made me smile and only reading that back “taping” not recording.
Technology and living in the sticks 😂
All those bands you mention were my core bands 👍
Very similar....

Excellent album Tokyo Tapes.
We’ll burn the sky...👍

Last edited:
Crazy Train....excellent.
Got to be Bark at the Moon, Shot in the Dark and Paranoid to finish.
Has Mama I'm coming Home been on yet?....I had to pop out and missed about 10 minutes....
I don`t know if he does Shot In The Dark any more, or certainly doesn`t put it on any compilations as there was a writing dispute where Phil Sousan, the bassist, took an idea from his previous band (Wildfire - which featured Simon Kirke and the Overland brothers from FM) and claimed the writing credit with Ozzy and left out the writers from Wildfire. I`m not sure if it`s resolved now but it did stop him using the song for a while.

Seen Uli Roth the last few times he's played south shields, fantastic guitarist. Loved and still own most of their early albums.
I remember seeing Uli Roth with Electric Sun at the City Hall with Clive Bunker from Jethro Tull and Nicky Moore from Samson on vocals. What an amazing guitarist. I `ve seen him a few times since and particularly enjoyed it when he toured again with the Scorpions about 10 years ago and did a mini Tokyo Tapes set in the middle of the show.

Back