Ozturk must not be selected for play off matches.

Dave Cleadon

Goalkeeper
In the 7 matches Ozturk has started this season we have kept 1 clean sheet and collected nine points.
In the games Ozturk has played we have gained 1.29 points per game.
If this had been continued for the whole season we would have gained 59 points and have finished mid table well off the play off places.
Without Ozturk in the starting 11 we have played 39 games and gained 76 points which is significantly better at 1.95 points per game and in that time kept 12 clean sheets. So without Ozturk we are getting a clean sheet every 3.25 games as opposed to 1 in 7.
Without Ozturk we were on course for 89.5 points but with him only 59 points. A massive 30 points difference.
I know people will say it is just statistics but he has started 7 games which is significant.
Also everyone must realise how slow he is and that includes the opposition.
I think while he is in the team we sit deeper because we dare not push up incase we are caught out for speed at the back.
Jack Ross should at least consider what his best centre back pairing is. If he cannot decide from watching then he might as well use the most efficient pairing statistically which is Baldwin and Flanagan despite letting in 5 freak goals against Coventry

Last edited:

You're literally going off statistics, much like a FM game. Just because his 'stats' and numbers aren't as good as others does not make him a worse player.
He hasn't improved the defence.
I am not just going off stats.
His first game against Charlton had people around me and myself commenting on how slow he is and how big his turning circle was. His only clean sheet was against Doncaster when Sky cameras showed that he committed a stone wall penalty offence which fortunately wasn't seen.
Surely no one can think he has enough pace.
I checked the stats because I see how poor he is. Then discovered the stats backed up my observations

Whilst I do not agree with the statistic based thread , It didn’t take a lot to see how slow Ozturk was when he first played , I had hoped we would never have to resort to playing him again , in fact I would play any two from Flanagan, Baldwin and Dunne before Ozturk , as average as they are , all three of em are better than him.

So you're saying Ozturk is soley to blame for our recent downward turn......What about all the draws throughout the season? Who is to blame for that?
Never said he was solely responsible but he is definitely a contributary factor.
Getting the best centre back pairing is important and so the stats are a relevant factor

Whilst I do not agree with the statistic based thread , It didn’t take a lot to see how slow Ozturk was when he first played , I had hoped we would never have to resort to playing him again , in fact I would play any two from Flanagan, Baldwin and Dunne before Ozturk , as average as they are , all three of em are better than him.
I completely agree.
I don't like just using statistics but like you after watching him early in the season I had hoped never to need him because he lacks pace.
But I only checked the stats because he has looked slow and also knackered by the 80vth minute.
No coincidence that in our two last games we have conceded very late goals

Last edited:
In the 7 matches Ozturk has started this season we have kept 1 clean sheet and collected nine points.
If this had been continued for the whole season we would have gained 59 points and have finished mid table well off the play off places.
Without Ozturk in the starting 11 we have played 39 games and gained 76 points which is significantly better at 1.95 points per game and in that time kept 12 clean sheets. So without Ozturk we are getting a clean sheet every 3.25 games as opposed to 1 in 7.
Without Ozturk we were on course for 89.5 points but with him only 59 points. A massive 30 points difference.
I know people will say it is just statistics but he has started 7 games which is significant.
I think while he is in the team we sit deeper because we dare not push up incase we are caught out for speed at the back.
Jack Ross should at least consider what his best centre back pairing is. If he cannot decide from watching then he might as well use the most efficient pairing statistically which is Baldwin and Flanagan despite letting in 5 freak goals against Coventry
Please don't take this the wrong way mate as it is not my wish to upset you. But that is total complete and utter nonsense. There are lies, damn lies and statistics. There is another set of statistics, that if skewed the way you have done, completely debunk your post.

Please don't take this the wrong way mate as it is not my wish to upset you. But that is total complete and utter nonsense. There are lies, damn lies and statistics. There is another set of statistics, that if skewed the way you have done, completely debunk your post.
Send them if you have them and I won't be upset if it proves me wrong.
I don't however think it will make him any faster or look any fitter in the last ten minutes of a game.
But please send your alternative stats. I will not be upset.

Has Statto had a head injury?

Send them if you have them and I won't be upset if it proves me wrong.
I don't however think it will make him any faster or look any fitter in the last ten minutes of a game.
But please send your alternative stats. I will not be upset.
Seven games out of how many? We haven’t got a centre half worthy of the name. Implying our defensive frailties are down to him in the last 7 games is implausible to say the least. And is not indicative of his potential performance or lack of, had he played every game this season. Singling out one defensive player using your criteria is unfair and inaccurate.

He played in the 2-0 win home to Doncaster at Easter.

If that were be repeated across 46 games then we would got 138 points and set a new record. Also we would have conceded zero goals, another record.

All of our CB options are flawed and can't be relied upon. The best pairing over the course of the season was Flanagan and Baldwin but I think (based on his family saying he is effected by fan opinion and Ross ditching him after Coventry) that his bottle has gone.

I think Ozturk and Dunne might be the way to go as Flanagan has also lost form when it counts.

:lol:

It’s Hobson’s choice, the reality is all of our centre backs are poor.

I think Dunne is the very slightly better defender, but as I say they are all pretty poor

Must be quite difficult bringing in 5 cbs that are equally as poor asxeach other. How do they make it as professional footballers.

Must be quite difficult bringing in 5 cbs that are equally as poor asxeach other. How do they make it as professional footballers.

There's more to it than just ability. Taking Baldwin as an example; Pboro supporters loved him, he was playing so well they made him captain and he ended up having a poor season. We presumably took the gamble this was a blip and signed him. The pressure of playing at SAFC seems to have really gotten to him, even a family member told a poster on here that fan opinion really gets to him.

I don't think he is a bad footballer, but I'm in the minority. I think he often shows good promise when things are going well.

Keane said that on a few occasions he signed a player he really liked, they'd look excellent in training and as soon as they went out in front of 40k passionate fans they fell apart.

We can't afford to sign the players who have played and been successful at big clubs. I'd love to see us scout from central/south America where the atmosphere/stakes are high but players would likely want to join a club like ours.

Back