Ozturk and Willis

I was one of the people really happy to get Willis from Coventry, he's always looked a good player when I've seen him. I'm sure he's good enough to play another division up tbh.

No doubt he will will have a rough patch along the way but a cracking signing for the club on a free.
This

Very good signing on a free transfer, had quite a bit of interest from championship clubs apparently as well.

Our best pairing, Willis was good tonight.

It's the midfield and tactics thats the issue like. Puts us under massive pressure
Which tactics are we complaining about now, marra?
Is it ditching 3 at the back that is wrong, or switching to 4-4-2 to get the winning goal?
Or bringing on a defensive midfielder to see the game out?

They look a good CB pairing but we still need another one for the squad/to challenge. We’re unlikely to get 60 games each out of them...

Baldwin (who I’d actually keep as cover) is massively out of favour, Flanagan has been terrible at CB for some time and Loovens is finished.

Hopefully we can strike a deal for someone like Heneghan and sort our full back positions. Some wheeling and dealing still to be done. Will we do it?

Last edited:
Watched him in the checktrade cup ties and I posted at the time I was shocked he was not picked for the first team.
Same here, said after watching him in those cup ties, he was the best cb at the club and how on earth he wasn't a league starter is beyond me.

Thankfully Ross's hand was forced, him and Willis should be the pairing, excepting drop in form / injury.

Ozturk keeps it very simple and looks so calm whenever he's on the ball or being required to make a clearance.

Willis has brilliant pace, means even when he mucks up he's usually capable of a recovery tackle. First time in years I'm backing one of our CBs in a foot race against the opposition striker.

2 lads playing out of position, great isn't it

Yea, I can tolerate it mid season when injuries and tiredness have taken a toll, but at the start of the season it just isn't acceptable. Thank fuck Willis has the pace we have desperately needed back there, because he's going to need it to cover the ground left open by players out of position either side of him.

Ozturk keeps it very simple and looks so calm whenever he's on the ball or being required to make a clearance.

Willis has brilliant pace, means even when he mucks up he's usually capable of a recovery tackle. First time in years I'm backing one of our CBs in a foot race against the opposition striker.
Longtime since we had a center half who was as quick as Willis.

Look like they have the potential to form a decent partnership. Their styles compliment each other. Willis’s pace is something we’ve lacked for a while and will hopefully lead to fewer goals shipped.

Back