Oxford vaccine

Couldn't think of a witty comeback but you've said nowt constructive, or given no argument as to why the other vaccines are better

Exactly. 2000 is a decent statistical sample size.

Had him on ignore, but no surprises its him. Does this every time
So they messed up the samples. How on earth can they be trusted with a vaccine.

I will stick with the US vaccine.

America is the greatest nation in the world.

Yep and they just voted on mass for Biden, and massively rejected Donald Trump, the worst result for a one term president ever, remarkable.

Last edited:

Is it fuck...

The US vaccines require extremely low temperatures which mean distributing it and keeping it effective will be a nightmare.

They are also £25-£30 a shot - anotyer. reason why developing countries will struggle with it.

By contrast the Oxford-AZ vaccine uses a different approach and is cheaper ( £3 per shot and AZ gave pledges that it will be a zero profit exercise ).

It's also long lasting and can be stored in a regular fridge.

Crucially, none of the vaccinated trialists developed serious covid symptoms. The efficacy to prevent all disease can be tweaked by optimising the qty in a 2 shot process (Lo shot + hi shot ).

This vaccine therefore looks most promising ...

"The Oxford vaccine is a genetically modified common cold virus that used to infect chimpanzees.
It has been altered to stop it causing an infection in people and to carry the blueprints for part of the coronavirus, known as the spike protein.
Once these blueprints are inside the body they start producing the coronavirus' spike protein, which the immune system recognizes as a threat and tries to squash it."

im not anti vax in any way but that’s effectively making something mandatory without the legislation. I’d be bang against that tbh.

All ifs and buts tbh. I doubt they will enforce any sort of green card scheme.
If people are about choice will they not appreciate the choice of establishments to try to do everything they can to make their environment as safe as possible for customers and staff? Also bear in mind they have a legal obligation to do this.
Is it fuck...

The US vaccines require extremely low temperatures which mean distributing it and keeping it effective will be a nightmare.

They are also £25-£30 a shot - anotyer. reason why developing countries will struggle with it.

By contrast the Oxford-AZ vaccine uses a different approach and is cheaper ( £3 per shot and AZ gave pledges that it will be a zero profit exercise ).

It's also long lasting and can be stored in a regular fridge.

Crucially, none of the vaccinated trialists developed serious covid symptoms. The efficacy to prevent all disease can be tweaked by optimising the qty in a 2 shot process (Lo shot + hi shot ).

This vaccine therefore looks most promising ...

"The Oxford vaccine is a genetically modified common cold virus that used to infect chimpanzees.
It has been altered to stop it causing an infection in people and to carry the blueprints for part of the coronavirus, known as the spike protein.
Once these blueprints are inside the body they start producing the coronavirus' spike protein, which the immune system recognizes as a threat and tries to squash it."
No brainer isn't it?
Not to be confused with @FootballFan No brainer isn't he?

Last edited:
That’s literally how medical trials have worked since the beginning of time.
I used to do clinical trials for asthma in my youth, it's extremely well paid and you couldn't booze at all for a month before and during the trial so I used it to dry out as it were:lol: They will easily get people to trial this vaccine although I'm still thinking it's been rushed through somewhat and I'll be in no great rush to take it - maybe in a years time when I'm 50 but I'm still not certain TBH.
Yep and they just voted on mass for Biden, and massively rejected Donald Trump, the worst result for a one term president ever, remarkable.
And yet he received the highest number of votes ever for a sitting President, crazy init:lol:

Words of wisdom as usual, marra:cool:

Last edited by a moderator:
Makes a claim, then deny he's said it.
Or has this wierd understanding of stuff that's the opposite of what he thinks it is.
Then argues & argues about it.
I think he either just enjoys an argument, likes being confrontational or is really stupid.

He's right in saying the efficacy is estimated to be less (very slightly) but is negligible if used in an optimum way. It seems to be so much better in many other ways that he's arguing for arguing sake.

If people are about choice will they not appreciate the choice of establishments to try to do everything they can to make their environment as safe as possible for customers and staff? Also bear in mind they have a legal obligation to do this.

No brainer isn't it?
Not to be confused with @FootballFan No brainer isn't he?
Nah not at all, I think the last thing they will want is to exclude people from custom .

the reality is not everyone will be vaccinated, have they even said people below 40 or 50 will be? Which accounts for 50% of the population

I get the scared and vulnerable would want everyone vaccinated, but it’s just not going to happen.

Last edited:
Nah not at all, I think the last thing they will want is to exclude people from custom .

the reality is not everyone will be vaccinated, have they even said people below 40 or 50 will be? Which accounts for 50% of the population

I get the scared and vulnerable would want everyone vaccinated, but it’s just not going to happen.

for vaccine to be effective they need to inoculate significantly more than 50% of population so yes under 50’s will be vaccinated

A high uptake is the only way to protect the vulnerable. It’s the group that can’t take the vaccine that will be most at risk and reliant on herd immunity through vaccination. Vaccination for over 60’s might be enough to protect the NHS but it would signal an absolutely political/ economic decision to accept avoidable deaths in the general public and absolutely throw people that are immunity compromised under the bus.

I think he either just enjoys an argument, likes being confrontational or is really stupid.

He's right in saying the efficacy is estimated to be less (very slightly) but is negligible if used in an optimum way. It seems to be so much better in many other ways that he's arguing for arguing sake.
At end of day he takes any chance to knock the UK, hates to see us being successful, maybe why he lives in Barcelona

Yeah I get that, but I was on about places having the right to do it.

for vaccine to be effective they need to inoculate significantly more than 50% of population so yes under 50’s will be vaccinated
The Oxford vaccine even if only given as 1 shot looks to protect by 2 different mechanisms
1. 70%+ will be immune for a period (undefined)

2. The other 30% who may still catch the virus will be protected from serious Symptoms as their immune system will have been trained to deal with it.

The object of the exercise is to prevent spread of the disease and death- therefore the first vaccs will go to front line services and over 75s.
Then over 65s
then over 55s

And so on - the objective will be to eradicate the virus hence we need reach close to 100% population immunity
The Oxford vaccine even if only given as 1 shot looks to protect by 2 different mechanisms
1. 70%+ will be immune for a period (undefined)

2. The other 30% who may still catch the virus will be protected from serious Symptoms as their immune system will have been trained to deal with it.

The object of the exercise is to prevent spread of the disease and death- therefore the first vaccs will go to front line services and over 75s.
Then over 65s
then over 55s

And so on - the objective will be to eradicate the virus hence we need cist 100% immunity

Last edited:
As usual you only read the headlines. The vaccine if given by a half dose for the first shot, followed by a full dose for the second shot is up to 94% effective.
It's 90% and this is just an interim result in a subset of the trial population. People need to be patient and hang fire for the final data, where more reliable conclusions can be made based on a larger sample size, and something about its safety can be understood.

im not anti vax in any way but that’s effectively making something mandatory without the legislation. I’d be bang against that tbh.

All ifs and buts tbh. I doubt they will enforce any sort of green card scheme.
There are lots of countries around the world that have vaccine related entry requirements it’s nothing new. It’s up to individual countries whom they allow to enter and under what conditions. Similarly businesses are free to put in place conditions of entry. We have the freedom to choose whether to use these vaccines or not. That being the case we should be practical enough to accept there may be certain things you won’t be allowed to do as a result of not using them.

Back