Oxford vaccine

What did they lie about and who is quoted from the Americans (just a guess they will be) in the article?

Behind a paywall

Basically, apart from the accidental mess up with the samples, which we know about already, they did not disclose that the small subset group that all received the half dose first were all under 55 years old.

So what did they lie about then?
Who is discrediting it?

I think its pretty clear what they did. Its the Financial Times reporting it man, not the Sun what won it.
Oh one more thing in the artlcle, shares in AstraZeneca are down 6% whereas Pfizer ,BioNTech , Moderna all up siginificanttly

Last edited:
Sadly looks like I was right on this one with my initial suspicions.
Did they disclose something that wasnt true? Did they the state the subset of patients receiving 1/2 then full dose were over 55?

No mate, but the fact the shares are dipping and all the others are gaining substantially tells the story. They witheld information dishonestly in my view, it was all very dodgy.

Last edited:
Sadly looks like I was right on this one with my initial suspicions.

No mate, but the fact the shares are dipping and all the others are gaining substantially tells the story. They witheld information dishonestly in my view, it was all very dodgy.
So they didnt lie then. thanks for clearing it up.

You will be glad to hear the quoted person in the article is one Moncef Slaoui, who is charge of the US vaccine task force. Who would have guessed the Americans trying to manipulate the situation for financial gain on a vaccine that isnt being produced and sold at cost value......

"On Tuesday, Moncef Slaoui, the head of Operation Warp Speed, the US government's funding programme for vaccine development, disclosed that the subgroup that scored 90% was limited to people aged 55 or below, a demographic with lower risk of developing severe Covid-19, FT reported".

ps both my Astra and Pfizer shares have dropped today (0.09% and 0.22% respectively) as off 11:31:10. My Novovax are up 7.61% and they havent even released any data yet. Just proves share price is not a good marker

Last edited:
It does seem they have been a bit selective in information they released. With such a high number of sceptics about the vaccine it was so important they didn't arise suspicion by being selective in the way they seemingly have.

I suspect the vaccine will be good to go. Many positives to be taken re. no hospitalisations etc, but this isn't ideal when wanting to rush out the roll out of it.

So they didnt lie then. thanks for clearing it up.

You will be glad to hear the quoted person in the article is one Moncef Slaoui, who is charge of the US vaccine task force. Who would have guessed the Americans trying to manipulate the situation for financial gain on a vaccine that isnt being produced and sold at cost value......

"On Tuesday, Moncef Slaoui, the head of Operation Warp Speed, the US government's funding programme for vaccine development, disclosed that the subgroup that scored 90% was limited to people aged 55 or below, a demographic with lower risk of developing severe Covid-19, FT reported".

ps both my Astra and Pfizer shares have dropped today (0.09% and 0.22% respectively) as off 11:31:10

So are you saying they did not withhold the info? Its all a conspiracy I suppose?

It wouldnt be in the FT and shares would not be dropping unless something was up. Just think about the data yourself for a second - 1,700 cases all under 55.

So are you saying they did not withhold the info? Its all a conspiracy I suppose?

It wouldnt be in the FT and shares would not be dropping unless something was up. Just think about the data yourself for a second - 1,700 cases all under 55.
No i didnt say that. I just said you have said they lied and then proven that it has nothing to do with lies as they didnt say anything at all.

SHare price is not reflective of efficacy of a vaccine for goodness sake. Its reflects the relative profitability of the business. Otherwise why has Pfizer dropped and a manufacturer who hasnt released any trial data gone up?......
And the FT needs to sell papers and make headlines

Wait for full data from all 3 and then a conclusion can be sought. Up till then its all ifs, but's and maybe's

Last edited:
No i didnt say that. I just said you have said they lied and then proven that it has nothing to do with lies as they didnt say anything at all.

SHare price is not reflective of efficacy of a vaccine for goodness sake. Its reflects the relative profitability of the business. Otherwise why has Pfizer dropped and a manufacturer who hasnt released any trial data gone up?......
And the FT needs to sell papers and make headlines

Wait for full data from all 3 and then a conclusion can be sought. Up till then its all ifs, but's and maybe's

Very good, except I never said that :confused:

Shares:

Pfizer +6%
BioNTech +14%
Moderna +11%

AstraZeneca -6%

Last edited:
Astrazeneca up 0.01% today when I looked.
Down 0.03% now. Financial ruin ensues :)
Very good, except I never said that :confused:
You said this. What else did you say then?
More bad news, looks like somebody was telling porkies as I kind f suspected:

Last edited:
I still don't see an issue, whether it is 90% or 70%, if the efficacy is above 50% then it should get approval
some folk on twitter in the 50-64 yr old category recieving text messages from their GP advising they hope to start this on december 12th

These must be in the vulnerable group as there wont be enough vaccine yet for everyone over 50.

Last edited:

Back