Oxford vaccine

No I never said that, they are getting tested but you cannot test specifically for covid 19, so they test for genetic material in the body. I hope I've made that a little clearer for you
Please do share your understanding of qualitative RT-PCR testing and specifically what is being tested for in the case of covid-19? Current PCR testing for covid is highly specific with only SARS showing up in one of the markers as a false positive, which is entirely expected. You are aware that covid-19 RNA is wholly recorded and that's what the PCR test is looking for, the specific markers in a specific order that we know are associated with covid-19? You're right that we can never be entirely sure because there's the possibility of viruses that we don't know about that may share the same parts of genetic code but you're making far too big a deal of a point you don't seem to fully understand.

Last edited:

I though there was some very interesting stuff in this interview :-

Particularly this bit, hopefully correct

How do you see the virus playing out from here?
I invited a modeller on to Indie Sage who is one of the top neuroscientists in the world, a UCL professor called Karl Friston. He does modelling of brain waves. A total genius. He has come up with a totally different approach to modelling to Neil Ferguson and Adam Kucharski, who are very good epidemiologists. He thinks the herd immunity level to stop this epidemic is probably a lot lower than 60%. He thinks it’s around 25-30%. What he says is that around half your population is either sequestered or shielded, so are not exposed. Up to a half of the rest are not susceptible, like kids, because they’ve got good mucosal immunity. And others may get symptoms but not transmit it very easily. We’ve just sent a letter off to the Lancet about this. If our assumptions are right it may mean that this crisis ends earlier than we expect. But coronavirus won’t be eradicated without a vaccine.

I though there was some very interesting stuff in this interview :-

Particularly this bit, hopefully correct

How do you see the virus playing out from here?
I invited a modeller on to Indie Sage who is one of the top neuroscientists in the world, a UCL professor called Karl Friston. He does modelling of brain waves. A total genius. He has come up with a totally different approach to modelling to Neil Ferguson and Adam Kucharski, who are very good epidemiologists. He thinks the herd immunity level to stop this epidemic is probably a lot lower than 60%. He thinks it’s around 25-30%. What he says is that around half your population is either sequestered or shielded, so are not exposed. Up to a half of the rest are not susceptible, like kids, because they’ve got good mucosal immunity. And others may get symptoms but not transmit it very easily. We’ve just sent a letter off to the Lancet about this. If our assumptions are right it may mean that this crisis ends earlier than we expect. But coronavirus won’t be eradicated without a vaccine.
Towns like Barrow and Gateshead, and areas of London, Birmingham, Edinburgh and Liverpool won’t be too far off 25%.

Please do share your understanding of qualitative RT-PCR testing and specifically what is being tested for in the case of covid-19? Current PCR testing for covid is highly specific with only SARS showing up in one of the markers as a false positive, which is entirely expected. You are aware that covid-19 RNA is wholly recorded and that's what the PCR test is looking for, the specific markers in a specific order that we know are associated with covid-19? You're right that we can never be entirely sure because there's the possibility of viruses that we don't know about that may share the same parts of genetic code but you're making far too big a deal of a point you don't seem to fully understand.

Hello Professor Expert, how's the vaccine progressing, asking for a friend.

History has several cases of Military being injected that have been very bad for there health.
I doubt the Chinese will be too worried if it kills a few people in testing.

Which one? There's 148 being developed. I do like the idea of the molecular clamp vaccine that's about to enter stage I trials in Australia, sounds very clever.
Not sure if the molecular clamp one went ahead,but I haven't checked .Probably that one would be through Queensland Uni.

Linear clinical in Perth are doing tests at the moment. They have the small scale volunteers ( 150).That is a Chinese/Australian vaccine,probably through CSL/Wuhan.Once the picture becomes clearer they will go on to large scale testing for the 1000 ( 2000? ) various ages grouping.That is a 2 year study .

CSL are also running the science for a USA test,can"t remember who with.Came through the ferret testing stage and is now at the vaccine stage at the 150 volunteer group in the USA.

The Linear clinical testing has been going for a while( 1 month ? ). Home or work testing for temperature testing,blood testing weekly and everything loaded into their computers.Volunteers are being paid $2000 for their time over the 2 years,or shorter if aborted

Not sure if the molecular clamp one went ahead,but I haven't checked .Probably that one would be through Queensland Uni.

Linear clinical in Perth are doing tests at the moment. They have the small scale volunteers ( 150).That is a Chinese/Australian vaccine,probably through CSL/Wuhan.Once the picture becomes clearer they will go on to large scale testing for the 1000 ( 2000? ) various ages grouping.That is a 2 year study .

CSL are also running the science for a USA test,can"t remember who with.Came through the ferret testing stage and is now at the vaccine stage at the 150 volunteer group in the USA.

The Linear clinical testing has been going for a while( 1 month ? ). Home or work testing for temperature testing,blood testing weekly and everything loaded into their computers.Volunteers are being paid $2000 for their time over the 2 years,or shorter if aborted
Yeah it was Queensland Uni and Uniquest with help from CSL and Coalition for Epidemic Preparedness Innovations. Last I heard they were recruiting participants with a view to start Stage I trials this month, haven't heard anything for a couple weeks now.

It does seem that the Oxford vaccine is ahead of everything else in terms of trials and getting produced, hopefully the good news keeps coming.

Yeah it was Queensland Uni and Uniquest with help from CSL and Coalition for Epidemic Preparedness Innovations. Last I heard they were recruiting participants with a view to start Stage I trials this month, haven't heard anything for a couple weeks now.

It does seem that the Oxford vaccine is ahead of everything else in terms of trials and getting produced, hopefully the good news keeps coming.
The US company is Novovax,teamed with CSL for preliminary testing .The US govt has given N/Vax around $1.5 billion to speed up proving.

Novovax have never produced anything in their history,so I wouldn't be too confident there.Their's is a protein based vaccine,they would need to bring in Sanofi? the big french maker or some of the big Indian vaccine makers to scale up to mass production if it gets through testing .

CEPI may have something on their web site about it,basically Gates and the Wellcome foundation in the UK fund that for world coordination .

Putting my investors hat on that bloody Novovax has gone from around $4.50 a share to $80 this year .I looked at it a while back and thought no chance there.Crystal ball let me down again .

Back