Oxford League Cup match

I live in Didcot so happy to give you a lift from the station over to the Kassam and back, assuming I can sort a ticket. It’s an absolute pain in the arse to get to the ground and a taxi will cost you a fortune direct from Didcot. There’ll be a few of us going over from here, but have space for another.
Cheers mate I will take you up on that. Be back in touch when the tickets are sorted. Thanks
Very generous offer, well done marra.
It is indeed, considering I haven't met lad. This board can bring out the best in folk and I am genuinely grateful for the assistance from @Monkey

Last edited:
And the Blackbird.
It’s probably a great local, but all the times I’ve driven past I’ve never felt the urge to drink in there. Same for the Bullnose Morris.
Cheers mate I will take you up on that. Be back in touch when the tickets are sorted. Thanks

It is indeed, considering I haven't met lad. This board can bring out the best in folk and I am genuinely grateful for the assistance from @Monkey
No problem, I’ve been helped out by other SMB’rs over the years, it’s what we do.

Last edited:
Working in Bristol at the minute so about an hour on the train for me to Didcot Parkway, any info on how to get to the Kassam Stadium from there would be much appreciated. Also leaving here around 5.30pm so will get there around 6.30pm are there any pubs near the ground?

Last season we went into Oxford (Wetherspoons where else :lol: pretty much 100% MLF's)
Pre-booked a taxi to collect us from there, and also pre-booked one back as the stadium is in the arsehole of nowhere.

In hindsight don't bother with a ticket, just watch the match from the car park!

Last edited:
I think so. I’m heading up one of the lads from work. Didn’t want to bother my usual sources again. ;)
I could just stand on one of those empty plinths behind the goal where the stand is supposed to be.
Your usual source don't have an issue and will only be too pleased to help as long as the time line doesn't read like Wycombe (all dates 2019)
Fixture announced - 20th June
Fixture confirmed not on Sky (therefore 3pm Saturday 19th October) - 30th August
Ticket request passed to Booking Agent T - Date and time unknown
Booking Agent T confirmed request to Procurement Team - 20:42 Sunday 29th September (outside office hours)
Tickets on sale - 09:00 Monday 30th September
Tickets (not including C-FTM) purchased by Procurement Officer M - 09:30 Monday 30th September
Ticket for C-FTM purchased by Procurement Officer T - 14:30 Monday 30th September

Point being 2 trips top TO because the last thing Sunday night request was missed.
Procurement Officer T not too bothered about making the extra trip (I love the TO me), but concerned about the carbon footprint.

Your usual source don't have an issue and will only be too pleased to help as long as the time line doesn't read like Wycombe (all dates 2019)
Fixture announced - 20th June
Fixture confirmed not on Sky (therefore 3pm Saturday 19th October) - 30th August
Ticket request passed to Booking Agent T - Date and time unknown
Booking Agent T confirmed request to Procurement Team - 20:42 Sunday 29th September (outside office hours)
Tickets on sale - 09:00 Monday 30th September
Tickets (not including C-FTM) purchased by Procurement Officer M - 09:30 Monday 30th September
Ticket for C-FTM purchased by Procurement Officer T - 14:30 Monday 30th September

Point being 2 trips top TO because the last thing Sunday night request was missed.
Procurement Officer T not too bothered about making the extra trip (I love the TO me), but concerned about the carbon footprint.
😂

The auditors will be very happy with this comprehensive account of the events leading up to the procurement of my ticket.

In future, should Booking Agent T's involvement in the process be reduced and I use the secure booking portal of the Pompey What'sApp group?

Just need to sort out the method of payment.

Today is the deadline for Oxford ST Holders to guarantee their seats

Tickets are still available from oufctickets.co.uk and by phone from 01865 337533, they will also still be available in person at the ticket office.
With tickets selling well we would like to remind season ticket holders that they have their usual seat reserved until 9am on Thursday 10 October.

Meanwhile, we don't seem to have made an announcement about selling ours. Or have I missed it?
Anyone heard owt?

Today is the deadline for Oxford ST Holders to guarantee their seats

Tickets are still available from oufctickets.co.uk and by phone from 01865 337533, they will also still be available in person at the ticket office.
With tickets selling well we would like to remind season ticket holders that they have their usual seat reserved until 9am on Thursday 10 October.

Meanwhile, we don't seem to have made an announcement about selling ours. Or have I missed it?
Anyone heard owt?

Don't think there has been an announcement yet but it's got to be soon.

Stoped in hotel next to ground last year. Funny when they clagged a now away fans served on the front door on the Saturday morning. We drank pre match at a place called Sandford on Thames. It had a few pubs.cost about 5 quid in taxi. Royal cabs a think. Drank in Cowley after. Was decent night but obviously totally different ball game for midweek match.

Back