Oxford away

Next wednesday ill guess. 2 weeks after the Pompey ones went on sale.

It’ll be my 3rd visit to Kassam since last Feb 😫 Hoping to finally see a win in Oxford

Next wednesday ill guess. 2 weeks after the Pompey ones went on sale.

It’ll be my 3rd visit to Kassam since last Feb 😫 Hoping to finally see a win in Oxford

Thanks, it’s such a weird ground with only 3 sides.
Nightmare getting out of the car park last time after we were cheated out of the win.

Got to be better than the Manor ground. Went there to see the lads many years ago and I shit you not they had 1 mobile burger van to feed around 2000 of our fan's for a midweek game
The Manor Ground was old and decrepit. But this place is terrible. Soulless unfinished ground with people standing on concrete blocks in a car park to watch a game. No pubs near by. Shite transport.
Give me the White Hart and the Manor Ground every day of the week. This place had ruined one of the best away days.

Got to be better than the Manor ground. Went there to see the lads many years ago and I shit you not they had 1 mobile burger van to feed around 2000 of our fan's for a midweek game
remember the shark sticking out the roof of a house nearby?

Thanks, it’s such a weird ground with only 3 sides.
Nightmare getting out of the car park last time after we were cheated out of the win.
it's quite amusing watching people standing on tree stumps watching for nothing.

The Hilton next to the ground is canny place to stay if anyone looking for digs ( nearly typed dogs !)

it's quite amusing watching people standing on tree stumps watching for nothing.

Like a scene from Lord of the Rings.
Never seen so many ugly fuckers in all my life.
Makes a Middlesbrough game look like a posh Wedding.
The Manor Ground was old and decrepit. But this place is terrible. Soulless unfinished ground with people standing on concrete blocks in a car park to watch a game. No pubs near by. Shite transport.
Give me the White Hart and the Manor Ground every day of the week. This place had ruined one of the best away days.

Can’t disagree never had a problem with the Manor.
They went from 7 stands to 3 in a short period of time.
The new ground one of the worse soulless shit holes in the football pyramid.

Last edited:

At least the Manor ground has some nice houses close by unlike the slums of the Blackbird Leys estate

Could be tempted by this one. I have been to Oxford loads of times but never to see a match there. Just a shame the stadium is in such a crappy part of town.

And that tree-lined alley directly behind the away end - ambush paradise.

The Manor Ground has it's charm and the slope looking towards the London Road End and pitch to roof mesh fence gave it a character missing in modern grounds today.

I miss the Manor Ground too. One year, I turned up while recovering from a broken ankle, and the club arranged for me to sit in that little disabled stand at the right hand corner of the away end.

There was a woman there who insisted on calling Gatesy "my little general" and every time the ball crossed the halfway line towards our goal she'd shout "Here comes an Oxford goal / equaliser."

The gadgie she was caring for gestured to get closer to him, then closer still. We all thought he needed help and a steward began to go towards them.

What transpired was the loudest sound of the afternoon when the gadgie told her to either "Shut the fuck up and watch the f***ing game, woman, or fuck off." :lol:

Well worth the ankle break for that bank holiday moment at the Manor.

A truly awful ground and match day experience. Feel for proper oxford fans. It's an absolute mission to get to the ground, especially from the town centre. Extremely poor public transport options, we ended up sharing taxis with random people all looking to do the same, but there seemed to be 3 taxis on duty that day. Left the pub before 2pm and just got in for kick off. A shambles of an idea putting the ground where it is.

Stopped over and had a great night out in oxford though . Some belting pubs

Back