Owt worth a watch on Netflix or Prime?

I have to see it out.
It seemed to hit a stage where they just wanted a plot twist for the sake of a plot twist. But I’m not taking anything away from how great it is

Thinking about it, prison break went through a similar thing. Just put pointless none story plot twists just for the sake of it
ahh but I got a bit into Spanish box sets and they are ridiculously sentimental and histrionic which ordinarily I can not abide (Lupin) but they are so gloriously so that Money Heist is actually very gritty for them
if you are going to go full pelt sentimental and make it work that is a feat in itself which can work
Money Heist has the sentimentality but it has the underpinning of workable plausibility and you are on their side from the start
for me it drifted when they got money and notoriety and made it too expansive and loose

the cramped conditions of the original series lent itself to a tighter narrative

I'm hoping the next series will be more polarised and just as rewarding

also the nature of the story was that they weren't as prepared as they were for the first, that circumstances had spiralled out, which deprived you of the satisfaction of everything going to plan with a few deviations

that stroker who cheated on his wife and got the woman pregnant in the first and then went on to hero celebrity in the second... that was gold

Ozark was not something I thought I would enjoy but my preferred lover recommended it and he never steers me wrong... a few episodes in I was screaming down the phone at him about the shenanigans in it. Very well written and deftly produced.
You have to get over the clangy narrative at the beginning, that is poor but it plays out to complement it very precisely .
Are there any recommendations from your other non preferred lover(s) worth watching ?

Katla ( Netflix) is very good, subtitles.

Don't watch it if you are scared of skinhead Newcastle fans in doc martens charging at you in the dark with big knives, hatchets and spanners with mud all over their faces talking a strange language...
or while you are drunk or on drugs.
just saying

Just finished binging this on Netflix. Thought I’d bump this bit of the thread.

Not subtitled : dubbed mostly, when they are speaking Icelandic. Subtitled only when the characters (Icelandic and/or Swedish) are speaking Swedish to each other. Bits are in English in the bits where the characters of different nationalities are actually speaking English. Think about that as a concept for people, never mind how clever and well done the dubbing was - which is something that’s really hard, I’d imagine, to get right.

There are no Newcastle fans.

It’s a bit more nuanced than you give it credit for, a few distinct plot holes that I can let go, bearing in mind the premise. No spoilers so I’ll say no more.

And it’s not exactly ‘mud’. It’s volcanic ash.

Apart from that.... ;)

I’d recommend. Enjoyed it.

Last edited by a moderator:
ahh but I got a bit into Spanish box sets and they are ridiculously sentimental and histrionic which ordinarily I can not abide (Lupin) but they are so gloriously so that Money Heist is actually very gritty for them
if you are going to go full pelt sentimental and make it work that is a feat in itself which can work
Money Heist has the sentimentality but it has the underpinning of workable plausibility and you are on their side from the start
for me it drifted when they got money and notoriety and made it too expansive and loose

the cramped conditions of the original series lent itself to a tighter narrative

I'm hoping the next series will be more polarised and just as rewarding

also the nature of the story was that they weren't as prepared as they were for the first, that circumstances had spiralled out, which deprived you of the satisfaction of everything going to plan with a few deviations

that stroker who cheated on his wife and got the woman pregnant in the first and then went on to hero celebrity in the second... that was gold
Do you put these through a pretentiousometer or are your posts actually for real?

Justified -

Justified is an American Western crime dramatelevision series
Timothy Olyphant portrays Raylan Givens, a tough deputy U.S. Marshal enforcing his own brand of justice.

Class series plenty action and funny anarl

Bosch -

A former special forces officer now works as a homicide detective in the Hollywood Division of the LAPD. He is faced with myriad challenges as he investigates suspicious deaths and follows trails of corruption in his relentless pursuit of the truth.

Not much comedy like but class anyway

Both on Prime

Back