Owning Dogs - should be closely regulated

Get Gordon Ramsey to do a dog recipes book, then they'll become a viable protein source, delicious dogs = no more dog shelters.

There are too many dogs in shelters and dogs being destroyed because they can’t be given a home, and there’s too much dog shit on paths.

No one in Britain should be able to have a dog, or walk a dog, unless they have a license.

Getting a license should involve having to attend a course on responsible dog ownership, and pass an exam.

Everyone with a license should have regular home inspections to ensure that a safe environment is provided for the dog and that the dogs aren’t a risk to children or adults.

A dog owners tax should be introduced to fund the above.

Anyone caught owning/walking a dog without a license should have the dog taken away until a fine is paid. Cash rewards should be introduced for any honest citizen that provides the details of an illegally owned dog.

I agree with this totally

There are too many dogs in shelters and dogs being destroyed because they can’t be given a home, and there’s too much dog shit on paths.

No one in Britain should be able to have a dog, or walk a dog, unless they have a license.

Getting a license should involve having to attend a course on responsible dog ownership, and pass an exam.

Everyone with a license should have regular home inspections to ensure that a safe environment is provided for the dog and that the dogs aren’t a risk to children or adults.

A dog owners tax should be introduced to fund the above.

Anyone caught owning/walking a dog without a license should have the dog taken away until a fine is paid. Cash rewards should be introduced for any honest citizen that provides the details of an illegally owned dog.
We can't fund the resources to do most of the above for children, never mind dogs!
I'd like to see more regulation like a license and perhaps some training but whilst we have so many children reliant on food banks it's way down the list of priorities.

I would fine people for letting them off there leads when there out for walks with them, it’s your dog and your responsibility, don’t let the fucker run wild and scare people just because you don’t want to keep them on a lead, it’s the owners that are the dicks not the dogs mind

See that’s wrong. Dogs need to be able to run - they exercise, de-stress and play off the lead. You don’t allow that and the chances of them becoming frustrated and more aggressive increases. It’s important that they’re well enough trained to be off lead without becoming a problem for someone else and come to heel when needed.

Again it’s about the owners showing responsibility. Don’t let your dogs off lead in crowded places or where there are small kids. Don’t let them run up to other dogs that are on leads. Get them tethered back up if it’s obvious someone is scared. It’s not rocket science and if you do that you avoid having to argue with people who say dogs should be permanently on leads.

We can't fund the resources to do most of the above for children, never mind dogs!
I'd like to see more regulation like a license and perhaps some training but whilst we have so many children reliant on food banks it's way down the list of priorities.
This wouldn’t take any resource! It would be funded by the new tax.

Might put a few hard up people off getting a dog too

See that’s wrong. Dogs need to be able to run - they exercise, de-stress and play off the lead. You don’t allow that and the chances of them becoming frustrated and more aggressive increases. It’s important that they’re well enough trained to be off lead without becoming a problem for someone else and come to heel when needed.

Again it’s about the owners showing responsibility. Don’t let your dogs off lead in crowded places or where there are small kids. Don’t let them run up to other dogs that are on leads. Get them tethered back up if it’s obvious someone is scared. It’s not rocket science and if you do that you avoid having to argue with people who say dogs should be permanently on leads.

You have a very good point there that I never really thought about as I get frustrated with dogs running wild, but anyone who has a dog that looks a threat has to take more responsibility with there dog

More people are bitten by collies than any other breed but the most dangerous by % is the Sausage dog. Are these supposed to be muzzled?
No bud

As I've said on this thread a few times, muzzle those breeds that an average size bloke couldn't comfortably restrain in an attack. Certain breeds and anything over a certain size.

You have a very good point there that I never really thought about as I get frustrated with dogs running wild, but anyone who has a dog that looks a threat has to take more responsibility with there dog

Mine run off leads. They're border collies so they need to have a decent run off the lead. However they've been trained not to approach people and will only run up to people we know as they know they'll get petted or get a treat! I call them back if we see any nervous dogs on leads or nervous children. One of mine was attacked by an Alsation and he has been funny with some dogs since. He doesn't like bouncy or noisy dogs. If I see dogs we don't know or ones I know he doesn't like, I put his lead back on till we pass them.

My dog is a little homo, frightened of his own shadow, thinks he’s a hard kernt when someone walks past the house and he barks at them, not a chance I’d leave him in a room with a bairn though.

I absolutely trust my Lab with anyone but I still wouldn’t leave a baby with a dog.
Have had kids throw their arms around this one though in pubs and places and he is so gentle. Just have to be careful due to his size.

Back