Owning Dogs - should be closely regulated

Going to ban Labradors as well then are you?
I haven't called for any dogs to be banned mate
I have, however, said large dogs and certain breeds should be muzzled in public

:lol:

I would've loved to have followed one during the day to see what they got upto.
would have been great to put a collar camera on it to see it from the dogs point of view

Last edited:

would have been great to put a collar camera on it to see it from the dogs point of view
We’ve got a GoPro with dog harness, gonna chuck it on the little’un just to see how many terrorised rabbits we see!

Dog with most attacks is a Labrador, that cute family favourite. Border and Jack Russels are also very high up the list. If I recall correct it was a Jack Russell that killed a baby last year.

Is that adjusted for population size though? If there are 100,000 Labs and 10,000 Jack Russells, that tells you more about which is a more dangerous breed. If not, it's a bit irrelevant. Though probably difficult to really get at the truth, as I reckon the breeds that are most likely to seriously maul or kill a child are the ones owned by the most idiot irresponsible arseholes who'd leave the dog alone with a baby.

Maybe just banning idiot arseholes is the better solution.

Is that adjusted for population size though? If there are 100,000 Labs and 10,000 Jack Russells, that tells you more about which is a more dangerous breed. If not, it's a bit irrelevant. Though probably difficult to really get at the truth, as I reckon the breeds that are most likely to seriously maul or kill a child are the ones owned by the most idiot irresponsible arseholes who'd leave the dog alone with a baby.

Maybe just banning idiot arseholes is the better solution.
Unfortunately (sadly) we can't just ban idiot arseholes

It's like Billty Connoly once said when you see some tattooed fckwit walking along with a vicious dog, "a row of teeth one end of the lead and an arsehole on the other end".

I would fine people for letting them off there leads when there out for walks with them, it’s your dog and your responsibility, don’t let the fucker run wild and scare people just because you don’t want to keep them on a lead, it’s the owners that are the dicks not the dogs mind

There are too many dogs in shelters and dogs being destroyed because they can’t be given a home, and there’s too much dog shit on paths.

No one in Britain should be able to have a dog, or walk a dog, unless they have a license.

Getting a license should involve having to attend a course on responsible dog ownership, and pass an exam.

Everyone with a license should have regular home inspections to ensure that a safe environment is provided for the dog and that the dogs aren’t a risk to children or adults.

A dog owners tax should be introduced to fund the above.

Anyone caught owning/walking a dog without a license should have the dog taken away until a fine is paid. Cash rewards should be introduced for any honest citizen that provides the details of an illegally owned dog.

Agreed 1000%

If you complain about dog shit what about horse shit just left in the middle of the roads. If your from the town you'll not see it as much but places like langley Park are full of the fucker.

Match days the police should pick up after there horses.

Last edited:
Agreed 1000%

If you complain about dog shit what about horse shit just left in the middle of the roads. If your from the town you'll not see it as much but places like langley Park are full of the fucker.

The same should apply with horses. Licensing and fines

This might be the first ever thread in which folk 100 per cent agree on something

Agreed 1000%

Horses, cows, sheep, rabbits etc. are all vegetarian. Their shit on the road in no more a problem then mud coming off someone's boots after a hike.

Agreed 1000%

Horse shit doesn’t blind people.

More people are bitten by collies than any other breed but the most dangerous by % is the Sausage dog. Are these supposed to be muzzled?

Back