Owning an old town house

...like the ones down Ashbrooke.

Anyone live in one, currently happy with where I am at the moment but would like a move in 4-5 years when the bairns are through primary school and into senior school and would love to live I something with a bit character.

Seem to get an awful lot of house for your money, what’s the downsides?

Lived in one for 12 years.

Upside is space, obviously. We’ve got loads.

Downsides are cleaning is like painting the bloody Forth Bridge. And I’m cold all the time, it leaks heat like a sieve. I’m not at all bothered about a lack of garden, but if you like your outdoor space, you’ll notice it in summer.

Seems like a decent price tbh. Just make sure they make them from sapele or accoya.

Well the company who gave me quote has gone bust apparently according to another poster. Will have a look around and get a few more and go from there, we were told production time could be 3 to 4 months so ideally want them ordered in spring to be installed summer

Well the company who gave me quote has gone bust apparently according to another poster. Will have a look around and get a few more and go from there, we were told production time could be 3 to 4 months so ideally want them ordered in spring to be installed summer
I’ll ask here to see if there’s anyone they would recommend. I know there’s a place through houghton who have turned timber windows round for us in a couple of weeks.

Timbermate at houghton is the company. Worth asking them for a quote if you have the window sizes.

Back