Owning a Greyhound

The link doesn't tell you about injuries. When a dog runs around in circles every week, it will inevitably get injured. Vets bills can be very high and the monthly training bill doesn't reduce because the dog is on its bed instead of the track.

Pros - great dogs
Cons - need lots of exercise, races are all fixed

Edited for you mate. They require surprisingly little exercise even when being prepared for racing.

There's a lad posts on here who is very much against the whole industry because of its cruel nature.

Can't remember his name but I'm sure he will pop up on the thread eventually.

Opened my eyes to a few things that I was completely ignorant to.

Rescued one back in Oct 2017 from the Greyhound place in Durham. She's a blue and a gorgeous dog. Fantastic around the kids but can be a handful when she decides it's zooming time around the house.

Just wondered if anybody had ever done this or been part of a syndicate that have done it

any pros or cons ?

Ownership & Rehoming | Sunderland Greyhounds
Owned family owns loads around the country.
Pros, good neet out watching them especially if they win
Free entry to tracks
Owners parties are class.

No cons really.
If your dog runs 1 a week this normally covers kennel/training fee.

Stick with ngrc, they more regulated than a flapping track.

Don’t expect a champion and have a flutter. Don’t get drawn into big betting, just enjoy the dog.

NGRC are corrupt as you can get. I remember when the story broke about the bloke from Seaham who was putting down dogs, and NGRC at Sunderland denied all knowledge of knowing anything about it............ unbelieveable lies.

NGRC are corrupt as you can get. I remember when the story broke about the bloke from Seaham who was putting down dogs, and NGRC at Sunderland denied all knowledge of knowing anything about it............ unbelieveable lies.
What did that have to do with them?
And he wasn’t putting them down illegally iirc.

Back