Owld Fella opposite Gill Bridge

Oli Wagkz

Striker
After the game, old fella had fallen. Looked in a bad way, was still there at 6:15ish waiting for an ambulance. Thankfully with a lot of kind folk around him.

Anyone see him or know if he’s been seen to? Hope the lads alright.

After the game, old fella had fallen. Looked in a bad way, was still there at 6:15ish waiting for an ambulance. Thankfully with a lot of kind folk around him.

Anyone see him or know if he’s been seen to? Hope the lads alright.
Looks like a women went over at st martys too at 245. Hate seeing it, looked proper shook up.

Hope he didn’t have to wait the three hours my mother had to wait for an ambulance this afternoon.
Advice to anyone who needs an ambulance, if you can get to A&E by an alternative method, even if it means getting claret all over the back seats of the family car do so. The service is in disarray. Covid has not helped but these instances of ambulances stacking outside of A&E waiting for the department to accept the patient were happening before the start of covid.

Advice to anyone who needs an ambulance, if you can get to A&E by an alternative method, even if it means getting claret all over the back seats of the family car do so. The service is in disarray. Covid has not helped but these instances of ambulances stacking outside of A&E waiting for the department to accept the patient were happening before the start of covid.

An 85 year old woman left lying on the floor in agony for three hours , morphine administered before taking her to hospital would suggest that the system passed a state of disarray a long time ago.

Third world countries would offer a better service than that, it’s nothing short of a disgraceful level of service, not that I’m blaming anyone at the sharp end.

It’s been happening for years, it’s called electing a Tory Government.
Anyway hope the fella is ok

An 85 year old woman left lying on the floor in agony for three hours , morphine administered before taking her to hospital would suggest that the system passed a state of disarray a long time ago.

Third world countries would offer a better service than that, it’s nothing short of a disgraceful level of service, not that I’m blaming anyone at the sharp end.
Yep, a friends 92 year old grandfather fell ill last week and it took 4 hours for an ambulance, sadly passed away in hospital the next day.

I saw the old guy. One of the people who was helping him was a nurse so he was being looked after as well as he could while they waited for an ambulance. Didnt look like he was in any major difficulties when i saw him so hopefully he will be back on his feet ready for our next home game.
Swap him for O’Brien

Good advice.
Not getting political about this one, but it was on the news tonight about an old lady waiting 9 hours for an ambulance with a badly broken ankle.

And I'd imagine due to health and safety etc they can't advise you to do this.

Hope the old fella is ok. Thread is descending into not having a go at the Ambulance service by tactically pointing out it's failings.

Back