1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Owen Pugh.

Discussion in 'SMB' started by the dark one, Oct 9, 2017.

1. Hope they have a sympathetic bank

2. Wilfy

Wilfy Striker

Good, Carillion are *****.

theinediblebulk likes this.
  3. tunstallhill

tunstallhill Winger

Funnily enough I worked on a carillion contract for Pughs for 18 month and they were actually alright with us. A bit strict but they paid every month on time every time.

Aye it was a departure lounge since summer 2015. Some really good managers left. Used to be Muck Shifting , demolition , plant hire and the quarry. Very successful in those markets. Tried to branch into ground works and civils and took took much on too soon without the correct tools / experience/ personell

Last edited: Oct 12, 2017
    legend7 likes this.
  4. Wilfy

Wilfy Striker

Kier are the worst I’ve dealt with, followed by Amey. Carillion come in 3rd.

5. Zig81

Zig81 Winger

Esh have lost out on loads of work to Wearmouth. They also used Groundwork Services last year who then proceeded to screw them over by undercutting them and taking some of their ground workers.

We picked a few jobs up this week for the likes of GA Smith who were left in the shit by Pughs.

6. DaveI

DaveI Central Defender

I used to work for one of those. A few years ago head office used to send each division a pot of money on a Thursday morning and they had the day to balance out who would get paid and who would get fobbed off. Each division's pot was never more than 80% of what they owed that week. Disgraceful tbh.

Wilfy likes this.
  7. Defoe

Defoe Goalkeeper

Stupid post !

Huh - designing kitchens?

Morpeth?

8. tunstallhill

tunstallhill Winger

Aye

What do you do like ?

9. Zig81

Zig81 Winger

Work for a haulage company, 90% tipper work, you?

10. MagicRat

MagicRat Midfield

Looks like a buyer likely for the quarry site at Marsden, will save 30 odd jobs. Shite news for the rest like :(

11. Wilfy

Wilfy Striker

No , not designing kitchens. Haven’t done that for years, now run along.

12. Defoe

Defoe Goalkeeper

You design kitchens ... you found your level

13. Zig81

Zig81 Winger

That was the only part of the business making money, not sure how true it is but they reckon there's only 2 years of stone left in the quarry.

14. Defoe

Defoe Goalkeeper

Touchy...

15. Wilfy

Wilfy Striker

16. legend7

legend7 Full Back

Aye i dealt with Steve, top fella, as were a few there going back a few years.
    Aye they tried to turn into Esh/Lumsden and Carroll in my opinion.

17. MagicRat

MagicRat Midfield

Not sure of volumes left but they can always seek to extend. It's being back filled as a landfill too which was profitable. Loads of life left in that

18. Zig81

Zig81 Winger

We tip in there fairly often and I have a fair bit to do with one of the lads who works on the weighbridge.

19. MagicRat

MagicRat Midfield

I know the lad who sorts all their labs and testing stuff. He reckons Biffa/O'Briens and Tarmac both interested. Hope they get sorted

20. Scimmy

Scimmy Striker

That's interesting.....now tell us the rest..........