Owen Pugh.

Mate reckons they`ve been told to report for work as normal .
They`ve been told there is a cash flow problem that they are hoping to resolve by the end of the month.
He`s been there 16years
Thats what was reported yesterday, they were booming the last couple of years but nee cash.

Surely if administrators have been called in then they are trying to sell it as a going concern?

Been on the cards for a while ..My mate was a gaffer for them and they started selling off loads of plant machinery and then hiring plant in a couple of years ago

Seen it time and time again, a successful family ran set up gets bought out, branch out and it goes to rat shit.It was set up in the 1940s and ran very well by the Pugh family.Sold it a few year back and bang,gone.

Mate of mine was business development manager there until couple of years ago. Couple of people left to set up their own company and he went with them. Don't know how much work if any they took off Owen Pugh.

Someone I worked with left to become their BDM a couple of years ago so must have been just after your mate left, sad to see they're in trouble, place I work has used them on a few contracts and they've always been canny

Really enjoyed working for them, but they couldnt offer me full term contract at the time.
Some really decent lads work there and its a real shame for all of them

Been on the cards for a while ..My mate was a gaffer for them and they started selling off loads of plant machinery and then hiring plant in a couple of years ago
just a standard business model these days. companies dont want depreciating assets on their books, especially ones that need maintaining.

they will hire in any 'service' when needed, and that includes people.

Want to think yourself lucky you aren’t with Carillion today....

Hinkley Point C as well - both main contractors haven’t been paid a penny yet and are aiming for ‘J Zero’ which is payment date - summer 2018

Spending £24m a week since it started and paid four fifths if fuck all yet - deep pockets?

Mate of mine was business development manager there until couple of years ago. Couple of people left to set up their own company and he went with them. Don't know how much work if any they took off Owen Pugh.
Was he called Steve?
Been on the cards a while now tbf, should have stuck to what they were good at but that's easier said than done.
Quite a few good people left last year when I used to deal with them, gutted for the ones still there and hope they get sorted.

Want to think yourself lucky you aren’t with Carillion today....

Hinkley Point C as well - both main contractors haven’t been paid a penny yet and are aiming for ‘J Zero’ which is payment date - summer 2018

Spending £24m a week since it started and paid four fifths if fuck all yet - deep pockets?
What does that mean?

Back