Owen Pugh.

Maybe SEB,but can't see owt.Owen Pugh, large earthmoving company went into administration today. Been around forever it seems.They also run whitburn quarry. Good few jobs gone there if no buyer is found.

Drove tippers for them through an agency and always seemed to be a well run outfit.
I know a couple of lads who are still there so its a massive blow if theyve gone under

Jesus that is horrible, I know a lad who's works for HCS, under the umbrella of Owen Pugh, he's already going through a load of family issues so I hope everything works out for them

Doing loads on the new silverlink

Not now. Machines didn't move yesterday. Also, a lot of their newer more expensive plant is on lease. Really sad times for them and the industry up herr as they were North East through and through. I worked for them for a few years, only left last December, but the signs were already there. Rumour is the quarry will get took over so folk might get their jobs back there.

Not now. Machines didn't move yesterday. Also, a lot of their newer more expensive plant is on lease. Really sad times for them and the industry up herr as they were North East through and through. I worked for them for a few years, only left last December, but the signs were already there. Rumour is the quarry will get took over so folk might get their jobs back there.
Shame .

Mate of mine was business development manager there until couple of years ago. Couple of people left to set up their own company and he went with them. Don't know how much work if any they took off Owen Pugh.

Didn’t Hornby used to do Owen Pugh railway wagons years ago? Sure I used to have a load of them.

Heard that the employees have not been paid for last week and it looks unlikely for redundancy payments as the pot is empty. really bad news.

Awful stuff

Heard that the employees have not been paid for last week and it looks unlikely for redundancy payments as the pot is empty. really bad news.

Awful stuff

i was chatting to a lad yesterday from there and he reckons that some have been told they can claim back a redundancy package from the government in some way. not sure how true that is, if it is even a thing?

i was chatting to a lad yesterday from there and he reckons that some have been told they can claim back a redundancy package from the government in some way. not sure how true that is, if it is even a thing?
He'll get everything he's owed from the government

Back